Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
USAR6433 – ENGINEER I OR II – OAK RIDGE, TN – LONG TERM - NO PER DIEM _ LOCAL PREFERRED
ROLES NND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide technical advice and perform technical functions as directed by their supervisor, line management, project engineer, or Engineering Manager.
• Support achievement of line management objectives.
• Provide timely response to project and functional requests, as required.
• Retain and exercise responsibility and accountability to their functional management for technical implementation of their function within the integrated project team.
• Interface with their own functional management on work standards and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
• Implement the training and qualification processes required by functional management for functional personnel.
• Participate in the assessment process to ensure safe and effective implementation.
• Implement company-wide procedures .programs/systems from their respective functional area within the integrated project team.
• Identify engineering and technology needs that are required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with the program or individual projects.
• Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
• Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via the ISMS process and appropriate engineering safety management programs.
• Ensure that technical personnel are trained to the functional procedures.
• Ensure that appropriate requirements flow to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
• Provide occasional technical support to other projects and functional group.
TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS, QUALIFICATIONS, OR LICENSES:
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering;
• 0-2 years of experience in the electrical engineering field;
• Entry level knowledge of electrical codes
• Functional with MS Word, Excel and Outlook software
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Electrical Engineer to perform duties supporting the UCOR Electrical Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) and Electrical Engineering Program function. Project support locations can include ETIP, ORNL and Y-12 but primarily is designed for ETTP:
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
• Strong organizational skills in supporting the AHJ through tracking, trending and scheduling ;
• Strong communication skills;
• Provide support to AHJ in technical oversight of electrical field activities:
• Assist with review of procurement of electrical items;
• Provide research and summaries for use by the AHJ to interpret electrical codes and provide guidance;
• Review Design Change Notices and drawings for electrical systems and equipment; and
• Other electrical engineering duties as necessary and assigned.
69 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.