State: South Carolina
Country: United States
TFE, Inc. is currently seeking candidates for the following position:
SENIOR TECHNICAL WRITER
Location: Aiken, SC
Per Diem: No
Clearance: A clearance is not required for this position.
The following explains the job responsibilities and expectations for all employees who are classified in this job description. This job description is not intended to include an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Additional responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the Company.
Develop Standard Operating Procedures in compliance with the DOE Order 422.1 and applicable standards for safely and efficiently operating a nuclear facility. Develop and prepare Emergency Response and Alarm Response procedures to guide personnel response to emergency events and alarms. Develop and prepare technical administrative control procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
1. Strong written and oral communication
2. Organizational skills
3. Must possess excellent research skills
4. Must have excellent interpersonal skills
5. Demonstrated proficiency in keyboard skills
6. Working knowledge of MS Windows and related software, including Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe InDesign.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop Standard Operating Procedures, Transfer Procedures, and other technical Documents.
2. Ensures Procedure formatting is in compliance with the Writers Guide and Templates.
3. Ensures consistency in application of technical abbreviation and acronyms, figure and table callouts and captions, and handling of boilerplate materials.
5. Serves as part of a functional team.
6. Work independently to complete assignments according to scheduled deadlines.
7. Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as appropriate.
1. Candidate should be a High School graduate and 10+ years of procedure writing experience, including at
least 5 years of experience developing all facets of technical procedures for a DOE facility or Nuclear
Preference will be given to candidate with experience writing liquid waste transfer procedures and knowledge of incorporating Technical Safety Requirements in Standard Operating Procedures.
TFE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
233 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.