Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Los Alamos
State: New Mexico
Country: United States
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 7044704143
Minimum Job Requirements:
Advanced knowledge of EPC methods, processes and procedures, with
estimating types, classifications and components.
Demonstrated experience in Design Build estimates in both commercial and federal
Demonstrated applied analytical and quantitative skills.
Extensive experience in detail level estimates and design packages.
Leadership experience in planning and preparing estimates for projects valued over $10M
Experience performing quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis and cost price analysis.
Must have experience in developing, interpreting, and implementing policy, guidance and
Experience working on multiple projects with conflicting and often changing priorities and
Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, management, and
Experience with federal financial policies, procedures and systems.
Extensive Experience with WinEst or other relational database so��ware and integration
with scheduling and performance measurement systems.
Current knowledge of DOE guidance and requirements for estimating and project
1. Safety and security are a primary responsibility for all Laboratory employees. Maintains required safety and security training, assures safety and security compliance, and makes safety and security an integral part of every task, including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
2. Fosters a mutually respectful work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
The following duties are performed with respect to Estimate Execution, the process of conducting an evaluation of services and/or capital cost elements of a project or effort as defined by an agreed-upon scope that will be used to make key management decisions:
1. Drafts estimate plans for small-scale projects (inclusive of estimate budget) through evaluation of scope, contract, desired estimate type/quality and time/resources available.
2. Conducts capital cost estimates. Reviews design scope criteria and develops quantities for undefined scope assumptions in coordination with others. Prepares estimate basis and assumption documentation; and/or:
3. Conducts services cost estimates. Ensures properly allocation of payroll adds. Creates cost models for fee calculations. Performs analysis on functional input to staffing plan. Prepares estimate basis and assumption documentation; and/or:
4. Supports complex/conducts basic conceptual/order of magnitude (OOM) estimates. Develops conceptual quantities to supplement partial lump sum and Design Build design documents when definition is not available. Contributes to basis and assumption documentation.
5. Assesses and integrates commercial terms and conditions into estimates under supervision.
6. Prepares cost studies, trend estimates, and life cycle cost estimates in specialized areas or in specialized discipline area. May use modified templates. Guides others in area of expertise.
7. Reviews basic software generated estimates for completion and technical accuracy ensuing quality and integrity and that applicable lessons learned are incorporated.
8. Participates in establishing pricing structures to be applied to quantities for estimates. Establishes format and content of summaries and reconciliations, including segregation of cost according to level of confidence.
9. Identifies risk items and assigns risk levels to portions of the project work; identifies measures to mitigate risk.
10. Calculates contingency through manual calculations and/or other analysis.
11. Evaluates productivity and develops probable construction cost based on crew craft productivity.
12. Performs and reviews escalation calculations for estimates of complex jobs.
13. Takes a lead role in estimate reviews and presentations. Interfaces with designated management personnel on specific sections of estimate presentations.
14. Prepares cost trend estimates in support of project cost trend programs.
15. Performs cash flow and working capital assessments. Performs and reviews associated calculations and analysis. Predicts/extrapolates cost curves based on experience of scheduled-activities and cost correlation analysis.The following duties are performed with respect to Foundation Development, the process of establishing and maintaining technical capabilities for personnel, cost databases and tools:
The following duties are performed with respect to Project/Site Management Support, the process of providing support services to projects/sites in the form of external cost analysis and estimate reviews in addition to estimate-to-budget conversions:
1. Performs cost and price analysis to establish price reasonableness. Reviews or assists in reviewing cost/pricing provisions of proposals and develops supporting data for contract negotiations.
2. Prepares cost studies utilizing historical data, statistical analysis, and cost and quantity comparisons. Innovative and develops new techniques as required to meet specific needs.
3. Converts work breakdown structure used in the estimate to project job and sub-job codes.
4. Converts commodity-coding system used in the estimate to a system for a project.
Demonstrated advanced understanding of Estimating core processes requiring minimal direction and supervision.
Advanced knowledge of EPC estimating methods, processes, and procedures. Understands estimate types, classifications, and components. Specifically understands detail level estimates and design packages. Experience with Lump Sum Design Build and/or OOM estimates.
Significant knowledge and experience in quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis, and cost and price analysis, life cycle analysis and management of personnel.
Ability to understand and implement technical discipline processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and mathematical and financial reports.
Knowledge of the applicable LANL processes and systems.
Advanced understanding of craft productivity, current market pricing in related areas and knowledge of construction practices in local work region.
Advanced knowledge of construction methods and techniques in area of specialization, and have a general understanding of other disciplines. Familiar with engineering and construction codes and standards.
Knowledge of the principles of Life-Cycle costing, cost in use, and operating costs and ability to undertake a Net Present Value (NPV) analysis.
Thorough understanding of project cash flows and the corresponding time value of money as the cost of working capital.
Thorough understanding of cost index and escalation projection sources.
Understands and contributes to risk and contingency assessments.
Proficient in Microsoft and scheduling software applications. Proficient in estimating applications used for estimates and knowledgeable of at least one general estimating system currently being used by LANL.
Skilled in oral and written communications, including presentation skills and ability to address a group of supervisors.
Position typically requires a bachelors degree and a minimum of twelve years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. At this level, post graduate course work may be expected.
A. Supervision Received
Receives technical guidance and minimal operational supervision from designated supervisor.
During preparation of a project proposal, reports to the assigned Project Estimator on a day-to-day basis.
B. Supervision Exercised
Provides technical and operational direction to assigned personnel when delegated.
Maintains relationships with estimating and project personnel, particularly with individual group leaders within and outside of organization.
May have periodic contacts with Project Manager and project team members. May have continuing contacts with working and supervisory level personnel of other organizations.
Continuing contacts with the vendor community.
May have periodic contacts with government and other external agencies.
51 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.