Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
• Transforms initial rough product designs using computer aided design (CAD) into working documents.
• Reviews engineering drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
• Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected and responsible for maintaining facility configuration information accurate, including drawings and vendor manuals.
• Work is performed using Computer Aided Drafting applications, Consolidated Asset Suite, and Fusion Drawing Manager.
• Candidates must have a working knowledge of CM concepts, engineering procedures and products.
• The position is not discipline specific (i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Nuclear, etc.).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepares, revises, and checks fleet configuration information such as Control Wiring Diagrams, Piping Drawings, Cable, Conduit List, Flow Diagrams, Civil Drawings, One Lines, Electrical/I&C component drawings, sketches, Equipment Databases (EDB), etc.
• Ensures legibility and proper configuration of new drawings and revised portions of existing drawings.
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of a high school degree
• PROFICIENT in MICROSTATION and Descartes CAD software
• 2-4 years drafting experience in engineering or nuclear station groups which significantly utilize CM information (Drawings, EDB)
• Knowledge of, and compliance with, procedures and CAD standards.
• Previous experience preparing, revising, and checking drawings.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrates an ability to perform at a high production rate and manage multiple tasks through effective work management of assigned duties.
• Ability to adjust work priorities and schedules as it relates to CM and supports emergent activities in a constructive and professional manner.
• Associate degree from a two year technical school or community college.
• Area of specialization: Computer Aided Drafting or an Engineering curriculum. Experience in the Nuclear Power field.
37 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.