Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37830
TFE, Inc. is currently seeking candidates for the following position:
Senior Project Controls Engineer III
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Per Diem: No
Duration: Long term
Clearance: Not required
The following explains the job responsibilities and expectations for all employees who are classified in this job description. This job description is not intended to include an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Additional responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the Company.
The Project Controls Engineer is responsible for project controls implementation in subproject baselines.
1. Broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and of principles and practices of related technical areas.
2. Knowledge of current industry or regulatory codes and standards and study criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline.
3. Skill in oral and written communications
Bachelor degree in engineering, business, science, or any appropriate field
1) Three years project controls related experience required. Ten years of project controls related experience preferred.
2) Knowledge of project controls principles, good computer and communication skills, and thorough understanding of earned value management techniques.
3) Additional applicable experience can replace a bachelor degree.
1) The Project Controls Engineer receives operational supervision from the Manager of Project Controls and his/her Deputy and receives technical direction and programmatic guidance from the Project Deployed Project Controls Supervisor.
2) Provide day-to-day project controls support to Project Managers and their respective teams.
3) Implement functional direction in day-to-day activities.
4) Implement UCOR's lntegrated Safety Management System through use of the five core functions and seven guiding principles in planning and execution of work.
5) Perform cost engineering, analysis and control, schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities.
6) Support project organizational and administrative activities when delegated.
7) Provide guidance to Project Managers and Project Team members on Project Controls issues.
8) Prepare monthly job man-hour and cost reports for comparing budget and actual data on projects.
9) Enter the costs and man-hour estimates into the performance monitoring system for projects.
10) Analyze trends and problems in relation to cost and /or schedule data.
11) Prepare cost-trend estimates and assist in the preparation of change orders for projects.
12) Prepare and status project schedules in Primavera Project Planner.
13) Review and verify schedule status based on project team and subcontractor input for actual progress.
14) Prepare Monthly Progress Reports and presentations that include descriptions of activities completed and analysis of updated schedules.
15) Work with project team members to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
16) Develop, maintain, and control integrated baselines.
17) Prepare budget request documents to include opening of project cost codes and providing subcontract accrual data.
18) Review time charges against projects and coordinate corrections as necessary.
19) Prepare, analyze, and present cost, estimating, planning, scheduling, and performance information to management.
20) Support management team at meetings, i.e. Project Performance Reviews, Project Status Reviews, Monthly Status Reviews, Life Cycle Baseline meetings, funding meetings, and misc. data calls.
21) Support internal, DOE, I.G., and GAO audits as required.
TFE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
171 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.