Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37830
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure a benefit package to best suit your individual and/or family needs. We offer various benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision and disability insurance. We also offer 401(k) benefits with the opportunity to receive a matching contribution up to a maximum of 4% for eligible participants with DAY 1 vesting.
For more information on Edgewater, please visit our website at www.Edgewatertech.net.
Edgewater is looking for a Project Controls Engineer for our Customer in Oak Ridge, TN.
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business, Science or any appropriate field
* Three years project controls related experience. Knowledge of project controls principles, good computer and communication skills and thorough understanding of earned value management techniques. Additional applicable experience can replace a bachelor degree.
* Skilled in oral and written communication, particularly at a level anticipating an audience that includes senior management and senior government officials (Department of Energy)
* Demonstrates at least an intermediate proficiency in the following Project Controls applications, P6 and Cobra. It is expected that the applicate will have the technical ability to reach the highest level of proficiency in those applications over time.
* Demonstrates a working understanding of Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel. It is expected that the applicate will understand key concepts within Excel, such creating formulas, vlookup, pivot tables, etc.
* As an optional proficiency, knowledge of Microsoft Access and/or Structured Query Language (SQL) is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* The Project Deployed Controls Engineer (PCE) is responsible for project controls implementation in subproject baselines.
* The PCE receives operational supervision from the Manager of Project Controls and his/her Deputy and receives technical direction and programmatic guidance from the Project Deployed Project Controls Supervisor.
* Responsible for managing the Baseline Change Request (BCR) lifecycle, which primarily involves the following functions: technical editing of BCR forms, technical review according to Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) standards and coordinating approval and implementation of said BCRs.
* Responsible for ensuring system integrity from a baseline change perspective, which includes validating schedule (P6), cost (Cobra) and estimate (Timberline) data to align with the proposed baseline changes.
* Functions as secondary backup support for the Primavera P6 Administrator and the Cobra Administrator.
* Supports project controls efforts as directed during project and/or proposal activities.
* Executes tasks within well-defined parameters.
* Provide day-to-day project controls support to Project Managers and their respective teams.
* Implement functional direction in day-to-day activities
* Implement UCORSs Integrated Safety Management System through use of five core functions and seven guiding principles in planning and execution of work.
* Perform cost engineering, analysis and control, schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities.
* Support project organizational and administrative activities when delegated.
* Provide guidance to Project Managers and Project Team members on Project Controls issues
* Prepare monthly job man-hour and cost reports for comparing budget and actual data on projects.
* Enter the costs and man-hour estimates into the performance monitoring systems for projects
* Analyze trends and problems in relation to cost and/or schedule data
* Prepare cost trend estimates and assist in the preparation of change orders for projects
* Prepare status project schedules in Primavera Project Planner
* Review and verify schedule status bases on project team and subcontractor input for actual progress.
* Prepare Monthly Progress Reports and presentations that include descriptions of activities completed and analysis of updated schedules
* Work with Project Team members to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
* Develop, maintain, and control integrated baselines.
* Prepare budget request documents to include opening of project cost codes and providing subcontract accrual data.
* Review time charges against projects and coordinate corrections as necessary.
* Prepare, analyze and present cost, estimating, planning, scheduling and performance information to management
* Support management team at meetings, i.e., Project Performance Reviews, Project Status Reviews, Monthly Status Reviews, Life Cycle Baseline meetings, funding meetings and misc. data calls.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via this site. If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
We look forward to hearing from you.
148 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.