Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Job Title: Procedure Writer II
Date Posted: 11/15/2017
Location: Southport, NC
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
Immediate 6 month position available in Southport, NC.
• Develops, maintains, implements, reviews, and ensures approval and distribution of fleet, site, and section technical procedures for assigned functional area to ensure safe and efficient operation in compliance with all required guidelines and regulations.
• Reviews incoming and existing requested procedure changes to ensure appropriate priorities assigned, regulatory commitments and adverse conditions resolved in a timely manner, and backlog maintained in accordance with assigned goals and measures.
• Maintains training and qualifications as required for assigned procedures and position.
• Develop and process Instrumentation & Control and Electrical Maintenance Procedures (and revisions) for Major Projects Engineering Changes for all types of plant systems, components, structures, medium voltage distribution, and instruments.
• Work with Technical Maintenance Procedure Team personnel, Maintenance Technicians, Maintenance Technical Support, Engineering, QA, Cross Disciplinary groups, and Maintenance Management to develop and process Maintenance procedures.
• Apply maintenance technical knowledge to procedure development.
• Incorporate and comply with the requirements of applicable Fleet and Site Procedure Standards.
• Effectively use MS Word, Procedure Templates, Fusion (Electronic Document Library) and other programs as needed.
• Effectively use CAS (Combined Asset Suite) for processing PRRs (Procedure Revision Requests).
• Manage procedure backlog. Proofread documents.
• Schedule procedure reviews with Maintenance, Engineering, and other impacted groups.
• Perform Corrective Actions Program assignments.
• Meet On-Line and Outage procedure scheduling milestones.
• Qualify to Maintenance Procedure Writer Position per fleet requirements.
• At least 5 years' experience in Instrumentation & Control and Electrical field.
• At least 4 years I&C/E experience at a nuclear operating site.
• At least 2 years I&C/E nuclear procedure writing experience.
• Obtained unrestricted access to a nuclear operating site within the past 5 years.
• Experience with application software (e.g., Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, MS Reports, CAS, Fusion, etc.).
• Experience of using procedure processes, TS/SLC, FSAR, COLR, Design Basis, QA Topical, Engineering Changes, and EQ & QC Programs.
• 2 years' experience as a Nuclear maintenance procedure writer within the past 7 years.
• Obtained basic nuclear station systems training at a nuclear operating site.
• Obtained procedure writing training/qualifications at a nuclear operating site.
• Performed maintenance procedures at a nuclear operating site.
• Experience with DEHC - Turbine Controls.
• Strong problem solving and technical research skills.
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• Ability to write in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
• Ability to work with others to accomplish team goals.
• Effective time management and negotiation skills..
• Ability to manage heavy workloads and competing priorities.
• Ability to evaluate and interpret standards, directives, and regulations.
• Basic knowledge of manufacturer's documentation and specifications.
• Ability to coordinate and plan procedure revisions, upgrades, new development, and verification/validation processes within required time limits.
• Experience with writing procedures using Microsoft Word, Procedure Revision Request tracking tools, Electronic Document Libraries, Excel, Access, and Fusion.
• Experience of using Procedure Writers Manual, graphic programs and Microsoft Word Templates.
• High School Diploma/GED or applicable certification or equivalent Work Experience.
• 2 year Instrument or Electrical Degree or a combination of education plus equivalent work experience.
• PPA Writer Certification.
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
149 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.