Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Baraka - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Country: United Arab Emirates
Zip or Postal Code: 112040
Education & Professional Qualifications
18 months active SRO Licensed / Certified experience.
4 years of nuclear power plant experience
1 year in a supervisory / managerial role
0.5 year of on-site experience
1 refueling outage as Shift Supervisor or STA
PWR Operations experience.
• Ability to conceptualize, plan, develop, and manage the assigned programs for a multi-unit station.
• Good understanding of nuclear power plant design and modification.
• Understanding of license basis requirements.
• Able to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with peers within the site and across nuclear.
• Understands the responsibilities with regard to the plant modification and work control requirements of a nuclear power plant.
• Good understanding of regulatory requirements relative to the modification of a nuclear power plant.
• Broad knowledge of nuclear power plant modification programs and standardsJob Description
Provide leadership to direct and oversee plant operation, maintenance and testing of the assigned unit as per regulatory requirements, operating policies and procedures, nuclear standards for public health and safety, employee health and safety and environmental protection to ensure overall business performance objectives are achieved. Actively pursues crew excellence in crew training and partner with training to ensure operators get the most out of training.
Staff Training and Qualification
• Ensure the operator training programs provide the necessary skills to assure operators are capable of safely, reliably and efficiently performing activities in accordance with regulations and approved guidelines and procedures
• Establish performance standards, goals and objectives for training and communicate these expectations with department personnel and training department
• Coordinate with the training department to establish and maintain course content and emphasis, to determine and support training schedules, to accomplish on-the-job training and evaluation, to observe training activities, and to provide feedback to adjust course content and emphasis as necessary
• Establish qualification standards and evaluation methods to verify operational personnel are competent to perform assigned functions
Ensure the following job tasks are performed timely and with quality to achieve highest level of safety and reliability
• Keep management informed of all conditions or situations affecting the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the unit
• Ensure incidents involving personnel or plant systems are properly investigated, root causes are identified, and corrective actions are assigned and implemented
• Routinely walk down plant facilities to ensure housekeeping and radiological standards are being maintained
• Routinely monitor and coach operators during rounds to identify improvement areas and to reinforce good watch standing practices
• Monitor plant operations on a day-to-day basis and perform periodic assessments to identify areas for improvement
• Establish appropriate controls for activities that can potentially affect reactivity and that are performed by other station personnel such as chemistry or instrumentation and controls technicians
• Specify an alternate, less frequent inspection schedule for specific areas or equipment based on adverse radiological or environmental conditions
• Carefully consider administrative duties assigned to control room operators and supervisors so these duties do not interfere with their abilities to monitor plant parameters or provide supervisory oversight of shift crew
• Establish and communicate clear policies regarding who is authorized to manipulate control boards to operate plant equipment
• Communicate to the shift team changes in equipment and system configuration that affect plant operation
• Communicate short-term information and administrative instructions to operations personnel with shift orders
• Track corrective actions identified through the assessment process to confirm implementation, and evaluate to address root causes of performance problems
• Routinely monitor operating crew teamwork, operating practices, and diagnostic skills to reinforce good crew performance and to identify and remedy weak performance
• Provide and maintain administrative systems and procedures to effectively execute and document activities in accordance with company policies and guidelines, established practices and procedures, and regulations
• Interface with regulatory and industry representatives on behalf of the unit and/or plant
• Prepare for WANO peer reviews
• Other duties as assigned
129 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.