Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
seeking a highly-motivated, Mechanical Design Engineer on a contract basis. In this role, you will create thermal, structural, and mechanical design solutions, 3D CAD models, and engineering drawings for the Molten Chloride Fast Reactor and for an Integrated Effects Test (IET). Candidates must have experience in mechanical/structural design and experience with SolidWorks.
• Coordinate input and requirements from the engineering and analysis teams to produce mechanical and structural design solutions
• Provide planning and schedule input for design activities
• Create CAD models optimized for anticipated future work
• Perform thermal/structural analysis and calculations for the design solutions
• Support entire design cycle (conceptual thru final) for high temperature integrated effect test loops
• Develop conceptual process design package for key components
• Generate final design package for key components including equipment selection, calculations, mechanical drawings, and equipment data sheets
• Work with vendors, suppliers, fabricators to procure components
• Create engineering drawings, applying ASME 14.100 and Y14.5 standards
• Present mechanical design results for design reviews
• Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities
Key Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum education: B.S. degree in Mechanical engineering or equivalent. M.S. degree preferred.
• Nuclear experience preferred but not required.
• Mechanical and/or Structural Design experience, 5-10 years.
• CAD proficiency - 5000 hours minimum experience in Solidworks - Soildworks routing experience preferred.
• Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M
• Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently during a given work week
• Ability to think creatively to develop unique, patentable, design solutions for difficult, high-temperature, highly-corrosive, power generation process and test equipment.
• The confidence to develop and execute cutting-edge design solutions where no solutions have existed before.
• Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
• Ability to work with minimum direction to solve challenging problems
• Desire and ability to quickly learn from subject matter experts, reference materials, and training classes.
• Experience in FEA analysis – ANSYS, SW Simulation or ABACUS a plus
• Experience in heat transfer analysis and thermodynamics analysis – CFD a plus.
• Experience in high temperature mechanical design (>1000F) desired.
• Experience the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code desired.
• The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trustworthiness and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
101 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.