Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
We are seeking a certified Electrical NEC NFPA 70 Inspector for a part time position at the Hanford site. Requires a qualified professional with 20 years experience to support in-house engineering and maintenance/repair/modification activities of the Mission Support Alliance (MSA)which will include performing miscellaneous NEC/NFPA 70 electrical field inspections. Is accountable for the safe performance of work and shall assist MSA n complying with environmental and safety requirements of all applicable laws, regulations and directives. During the work planning and execution process Will be responsible for:
- Thoroughly review the defined scope of work;
- Identify hazards and environmental and safety
- Analyze hazards and implement controls;
- Perform work within controls; and
- Provide feedback on adequacy of controls and
continue to improve safety management.
Shall ensure flow down of all environmental and safety requirements to the lowest tier Subcontractor performing work on the Hanford site commensurate with the risk and complexity of the work.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
1. Performing quality workmanship and shall
conduct the quality control measures necessary to ensure work conforms to drawings, specifications, referenced codes and standards, and other requirements.
2.Work activities for this shall be performed in accordance with the MSA Quality Assurance Program and procedures as applicable, NFPA 70, and Hanford
Site Electrical Safety Program (HSESP) DOE359; with specific attention to HSESP section 5.18, National Electrical (NEC) Inspections.
3. As applicable, Measuring and Test Equipment (M&TE) use in performance of the work shall be calibrated using standards whose calibration is traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
4.All electrical equipment, devices, apparatus, and the like brought onto the site and used as part of, or in connection with the performance of the work shall be labeled by an organization currently recognized by OSHA as a nationally recognized testing laboratory
5. Procurement of Potentially Suspect or Counterfeit Items: Shall warrant that any items furnished under this Subcontract are genuine (i.e. not counterfeit) and match the quality, test reports, markings, and/or fitness for use required.
6. Inspection/testing performed shall be recorded and reported using MSA and/or HSESP forms, documentation, tags, and labels as required. Inspection/testing documentation shall be delivered to the Buyer as directed.
7. Shall report deficient or nonconforming items, conditions or processes to the Buyer for evaluation and resolution.
8. All Subcontractor provided items, services and processes are subject to review,inspection, or surveillance by the Buyer at the Subcontractor's facility, or any lower-tier Subcontractor's facility or the project site.
0. Responsible to 3nsure flow down/invoke applicable portions of this subcontract to subtier
contractors/vendors providing services or materials for this scope of work.
A. Must have 20+ years of electrical inspection/testing experience at nuclear or DOE facilities.
B. Must have Current certification by the International Association of Electrical Inspectors as an NEC inspector.
C. Will be required to take Hanford General Education Training (HGET)/MSA General Education Training
(MGET) Other site specific training may be required as determined during performance of this scope of work.
THIS IS A PART TIME OPPORTUNITY, ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 30 HOURS PER MONTH. This is an ideal position for a local candidate familiar with the Hanford site. No Per Diem or Travel is allowed for this position.
Candidates must successfully pass Drug/Alcohol testing and Background Investigation prior to start of the assignment. REQUIRES US CITIZENSHIP. Will be security badged.
Duration - 1/1/18 through 12/31/18 with two additional one year options.
DEADLINE TO RESPOND TO THIS REQUIREMENT: Monday, 12/4/17 by 10am PST
Candidates shall send resumes in WORD format with current NEC NFPA 70 Certification to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
156 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.