Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
E2 offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off. Qualified candidates only please submit your resume. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED. NO PER DIEM OR RELOCATION OFFERED AT THIS TIME.
Provide fire protection technical support for the SRS Fire Protection Program and operating facilities on site. Work at the direction of a Department Manager in the Fire Protection Services Group. The duties will include:
1. Provide technical direction and guidance in the development and implementation of the Fire Protection Program. As assigned, prepare building fire hazards analysis (FHA) for specific buildings and/or projects.
2. Develop and implement effective fire protection designs for compliance with fire codes, standards, and regulations.
3. Provide technical support/guidance to facility management and staff on all fire protection related issues.
4. Conduct facility evaluations for compliance with procedures and fire protection codes and standards, identify deficiencies, recommend corrective actions and provide the necessary technical support to resolve issues. Evaluate alternate means and methods for achieving code compliance.
5. Assist in the identification of consistent fire system inspection and testing program that satisfies the intent of the National Fire Codes, S/RID and DOE requirements.
6. Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of SRNS 2Q “Fire Protection Program Manual” and National Fire Protection Association Codes.
7. Candidate must be capable of becoming SRS Radiological Worker qualified to remain in this position.
EDUCATION: Candidates functioning as fire protection engineers shall be graduates of an accredited engineering curriculum and have a minimum of either 5-10 years experience with a Master’s Degree or 7-14 years experience with a Bachelor’s degree; three of which shall have been in responsible charge of diverse fire protection engineering work. .If not such a graduate, an engineer should either: demonstrate knowledge of the principles of fire protection engineering showing evidence by specific academic courses and written examination in the related curriculum of physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences, and have completed not less than six years engineering practice, three of which in responsible charge of diverse fire protection engineering projects.
In addition to education, the following are preferred skills, knowledge and/or qualifications:
1. Familiarity with DOE Orders/Guides and requirements with regards to fire safety.
2. Knowledge of NFPA Codes and Standards.
3. Produce written documents with clearly organized structure and grammar. Ability to operate Windows Microsoft Office applications.
4. Communicate orally with management, facility personnel and DOE Customers regarding fire protection issues
5. Must be able to walk down systems in the field.
AREA SECURITY ACCESS:
A security clearance is not initially required: however, candidate must be capable of obtaining an “ L “ Clearance.
PREFERRED METHOD OF APPLICATION IS THROUGH OUR ONLINE JOB SYSTEM. If you need accommodation or alternate method of resume submittal, please contact our Aiken, SC office.
E2 Consulting Engineers is an AA/EEO/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
75 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.