Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: West Virginia
Country: United States
The general scope of this position is to: 1) Assist the Project Manager and the project team in effectively and proactively managing projects to ensure project success. 2) Develop, maintain, and execute complex project performance baselines. 3) Perform a broad spectrum of cost estimating functions that include developing proposal Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), schedule, cost estimates, Basis of Estimate (BOE), and cost modeling. 4) Perform cost estimating, analysis, and control activities and schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, impact identification, and recovery plan development activities. 5) Support project organizational and administrative activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build cost and schedule performance baselines which includes well defined; scope, assumptions, deliverables, Work Breakdown Structure, and integrated critical path schedule that is resource loaded.
• Establish Earned Value Management System (EVMS) performance standards, controls, and reporting based on the defined project planning strategy.
• Coordinate assigned projects and maintain cost and schedule data, projections, reports, and other activities during project performance.
• Interface with standard company business systems (Primavera P6 scheduling, Deltek Costpoint cost accounting system, Deltek Cobra, NWG Dashboard, etc.).
• Support PMs in managing procurement actions (accruals, invoicing, and costing).
• Formulate effective communications and reporting requirements (as defined by the PM, Corporate policy, and customer requirements) that define the current status of a project in relation to the project performance baseline, reasons for deviation, and assisting with implementing corrective action plans.
• Develop accurate Estimate at Completion for detailed project completion costs and performing monthly project fee analyses.
• Seek continuous improvement and enhancements of current project management methodologies.
• Develop RFPs for subcontractors and recruiting potential subcontractors for project teaming.
• Develop and prepare project cost estimates using Sage Timberline or other system.
• Provide Estimating in preparation of bid proposals and work closely with the project development organization to develop estimates for both fixed price and cost reimbursable projects.
• Gather details and compile data to estimate all production costs according to specifications. Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to back up estimate figures.
• Assist Contracting department during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
• Help determine necessary resources for projects based on cost estimates and budgetary constraints.
• Estimate and/or price extra work items, change orders, credit, etc.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 4 year educational degree
• At least 8 years of demonstrated project Controls
• Familiar with Project Controls EVMS processes and project management software's such as Primavera P6, Cobra, and Deltek Costpoint
140 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.