Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Abu Dhabi
Country: United Arab Emirates
Ensure that all human resources, plant facilities, technical programs, processes and procedures of Radiation Protection are standardized across all Barakah Nuclear Power Plants (BNPP). As well as, support commissioning, startup, operation and maintenance of all BNPP units. Develop and implement strategies to perform Dosimetry activities for the Radiation Protection (RP) function.
• Set strategic goals, management expectations, and communicate in and out of the RP function, to ensure a high level of safety and reliability of plant systems.
• Evaluate performance of individual staff members to identify the required training needs as well as carry out mentoring and coaching initiatives to improve performance.
• Ensure training programs provide necessary technical knowledge and skills and provide training feedback on program effectiveness with evaluation of RP performance.
• Provide technical mentoring to UAE nationals for Emiratization regarding Radioactive Waste Management.
• Ensure Engineer Designees and Engineers are trained and qualified for Dosimetry area.
• Perform all BNPP unit dosimetry activities to achieve the highest level of safety and reliability.
• Manage the operation of Radiation Protection Program (RP-PGD-0001).
• Support the operation of Monitor and Control Contamination Process (RP-PSD-0001) and Monitor and Control Radiation Exposure Process (RP-PSD-0002).
• Conduct and Monitor periodic or unscheduled activities including surveillance and check of Dosimetry system and equipment to ensure the highest standards of conduct.
• Identify any potential Dosimetry issues, analyze cause effects and take appropriate actions.
• Support the development and maintenance of procedures related to RP programs and processes to ensure adherence to and alignment with regulatory standards.
• Support operation and calibration of the Dosimetry system and equipment.
• Perform procurement of Dosimetry comsumables and others including development of Purchase Specification.
• Encourage implementation of commissioning, start-up and Power Ascension Test (PAT) for RP detailed plan.
• Encourage benchmark of BNPP units 1&2 operation experience and apply to BNPP units 3&4 operation activities.
• Acquire and utilize general knowledge for Dosimetry equipment regulations, and industrial codes.
39 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.