Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
USAR6469 – ENGINEERING SPECIALIST – OAK RIDGE, TN – LONG TERM – NO PER DIEM
• Engineering support of Hoisting and Rigging activities on a project or designated portions of a project.
• Provide H&R engineering support to UCOR programs and support projects at ETTP, ORNL and Y12 which utilize numerous cranes (truck/mobile and gentry/trolley design) and power industrial trucks.
• Work includes development of pre-engineered or critical lift plans and help to ensure equipment and rigging maintenance/inspection/repairs/orders are performed and documented in a compliant manner.
• Provide Engineering services with empathies in regulatory, environmental compliance including CFR, ASME, FAR, NRC, etc.
• Work includes development of corrective measures and/or provide independent support for various Federal, State and Local compliance related issues.
• Provide Professional Engineering services to ensure various forklifts attachments meet OSHA requirements for use and ensure technical data on attachments (personnel lifts, drum grabs, fork lift booms drum turners, scales and pressurized drum punches) are compliant and acceptable for use.
• Provide H&R expertise to include program management, development and implementation.
• Develop critical and pre-engineered lift plans and selection and procurement of associated rigging or cranes.
• Provide leadership in the H&R program to ensure that personnel performing H&R activities have proper oversight and are appropriately trained and qualified.
• BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering or other Engineering discipline relevant to H&R program Operations.
• 7-15 years previous Engineering experience
• Able to obtain a “L” or: Q” clearance
• Microsoft Office and CAD
• PE in TN
• Prior DOE
87 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.