Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Idaho Falls
Country: United States
Position Objectives, Duties, and Responsibilities:
• Performs tasks and work scope as defined below in Principal Duties and Responsibilities, Additional Duties and Responsibilities, and as directed by management.
• Works in accordance with approved training, policies, procedures, and instructions and in a safe manner.
• Maintains assigned reading and required reading as required for the position.
• Performs work in conformance with the Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS), Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) principles and functions, and Stop Work Authority.
• Participates in the identification and resolution of health and safety issues through active involvement and support of the ESIT and KEYS programs.
• Makes recommendations for innovative ideas or approaches to processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
• Assists in the preparation and review of procedures and other related documents, as applicable.
• Provides support to cost savings initiatives, as applicable.
• Responsible for completion of assigned training, qualifications/certifications, assigned reading, and required reading.
• Ensures recurring training and qualifications/certifications remain current.
• Provides work coverage and oversight for maintenance, operational and routine work that involves radioactive materials.
• Provides monitoring for Radiation, Contamination and Airborne Radioactivity in the work place.
Position Responsibilities include:
· Perform required radiological surveys for free release of material at RBA, personnel surveys for contamination, surveys for contamination control, airborne radioactivity control, and surveys to categorize waste for shipment.
· Provide radiological work coverage, write radiological control work permits (RWP), enforce radiological control requirements, ensure ALARA principles are followed during work and respond to radiological emergencies as required. Validate safe conduct of radiological work.
· Survey waste material, excess materials, vehicles, and other materials as needed. Serve as radiological oversight mentors and advisors to facility personnel conducting radiological work.
· Perform ongoing RadCon surveillance and assessments. Provide evaluation feedback to the RadCon foreman and supervisor related to the adequacy of the worker radiological training and the work organizations implementation of the RadCon program.
Maintain proficiency and qualifications through completion of work, self-study and training activities.
High School diploma and DOE Core Certification preferred. Vocational college certification or equivalent in radiation protection. Two years field experience performing radiological work coverage and monitoring either in an NRC or DOE regulated activity. NRRPT Certification preferred.
BGS, LLC is an EEO Company
112 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.