Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Port Gibson
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 39105
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 4075510613
Direct Hire Position Only - Port Gibson, MS.
The Site Project Estimator has functional responsibility for developing estimates for Projects in support of Project Delivery Systems requirements when required and for directing, communicating, and providing guidance to the Site Project Estimators.
1. Provide governance and oversight of the estimating process and provide support to site Project Manager to ensure consistency in estimate development and procedure adherence.
2. Develop project estimates for Projects, including FVET and EVAL model development in support of the Project Delivery System requirements where applicable.
3. Develop/maintain estimating tools, procedures and guidance for the site and ensure supporting cost data tables and unit rates are updated appropriately.
4. Periodically review project/estimates for the site (including estimates from contractors and suppliers) as well as the supporting Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), assumptions, alternatives, and other supporting documentation, to ensure consistency, accuracy, completeness, and compliance with established procedures. Work with Fleet when necessary.
5. Periodic verification that project estimates are updated as required during the project life cycle and that impacted stakeholder’s reviews and approvals are included with the project documentation file.
6. Develop/maintain/produce metrics/reports which monitor performance, such as estimate quality, estimating aging, estimate compared to actual recorded cost, etc.
Minimum education required of the position
BS degree in engineering, related technical degree or equivalent or comparable experience. Equivalent is defined as 4 years of estimating experience associated with power plant operations and/or major projects. In lieu of direct estimating experience, need 4 years of experience in maintenance or construction projects in a Management role (Project Lead or Project Manager).
Minimum experience required of the position
Fully versed with cost control principles and techniques.
Technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operations or ability to pass BWR or PWR Systems training within 12 months of obtaining position.
A minimum of 6 years of experience in estimating, nuclear power and/or major construction projects.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Proficient with Microsoft Office Software, especially Excel.
Proficiency with current computer business applications.
Desired: Proficiency with estimating software.
48 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.