SAF (318482) - BHI Energy - Roadtechs.com Nuclear Job Board
Posted by: BHI Energy on March 15, 2018 at 09:17:01.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 27343
BHI Energy is looking for a Safety Specialist for the Roxboro Fossil Station. We are looking for someone who lives within 50 miles of the site this is for one month outage support. The Safety Specialist provides safety expertise to implement and monitor safety performance in accordance with the approved safety program. They function as a liaison between the Site safety and BHI's Corporate Safety organizations to eliminate workplace hazards and investigate near misses, injury reports, and safety concerns.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Specific job responsibilities and duties should include but not be limited to:
- Attends pre-job briefings to reinforce safety expectations and address safety concerns discussed.
- Conduct site safety orientations for BHI employees.
- Conduct site safety inspections to insure compliance with guidelines, customer safety requirements Contractor rules, OSHA regulations, and good safety practices and principles.
- Investigate every injury, near misses, and property damage incidents to determine the reason for the occurrence and how to prevent reoccurrence.
- Fill out all necessary reports/paperwork relating to injury, property damage or near misses and forward to proper personnel.
- Actively participate in Pre-Job and Safety Briefings
- Assist with the develop JHA for site specific task.
- Develop and conduct training for applicable site specific needs.
- Must be able to pass a background
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- 5 years of directly related work experience, unless otherwise approved by Owner.
Minimum one of the next three:
- A college degree in the related field.
- Professional certification / designation in the related field.
- 5 years of experience having served in such a role, which makes the individual competent in serving as a H&S professional - to be reviewed and approved by Owner H&S personnel.
- •Certification for administering CPR and First Aid.
- Successful completion of OSHA 500 or OSHA 501.
• If performing asbestos abatement activities, abatement Contractor H&S representatives shall have successfully completed asbestos supervisor training unless otherwise approved by Owner, and shall be qualified to enter and inspect abatement work areas.
247 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.