Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 60407
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!Exelon Nuclear is looking for a Supervisor of Operational Chemistry at our Braidwood Nuclear Power Station in Braceville, IL (65 miles SW of Chicago, IL)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide a leadership role in the supervision of laboratory activities and projects. Provide coaching and mentoring for all laboratory activities. Maintain Chemistry analytical and radioanalytical programs including all quality and regulatory aspects of the program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supervise Chemistry Technicians & Chemists. This includes coaching and mentoring, reinforcing the fundamentals, scheduling, and maintaining working files.
- Lead and provide support for Chemistry related projects.
- Participate and facilitate the training program.
- Manage all sampling systems and the data management system
- Manage and maintain the Chemistry budget for the laboratory.
- Participate in GSEP rotation. Subject to call out as required in support of station requirements.
- Assessment Center Qualification and 4 year chemistry or related degree and 6 years plant experience
- Achieved Chemistry Technician qualification with at least 5 years in chemistry and a minimum of 9 years plant experience
-4 year technical degree and 5 years of non-plant experience
- FLS Certification within two months of assuming position
- Chemistry or Chem Eng Degree
- Supervisory experience
- FLS Certification
- Financial Experience
- The Operational Chemistry Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of the Chemistry program relating to analytical and radioanalytical data. This encompasses coaching and mentoring, training, procedures, scheduling, budgeting, laboratory and in-line analysis, quality control, regulatory interface, and regulatory requirements.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
244 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.