Overhead Crane Operator (319327) - BHI Energy - Roadtechs.com Nuclear Job Board
Overhead Crane Operator (319327)
Posted by: BHI Energy <email@example.com> on December 09, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29550
Fall 2018 Overhead Crane OperatorCertified NCCCO Overhead Crane Operators
Overhead Crane operator needed for the Fall 2018 Outage Season.
The Overhead Crane Operator must be proficient in the operation of gantry and mobile cranes in support of movement of various materials during maintenance activities.
- Perform daily per-use inspection of equipment being used.
- Participate in pre-job briefings.
- Operate crane in a safe manner according to manufactures specifications and guidance of signalman in charge of lifts.
- Use and properly operate basic rigging equipment/tooling i.e. slings, chokers, cables, come-a-longs, chain falls, shackles, eye bolts, beam clamps, etc.
- Verify per-use equipment inspections have been completed prior to crane operation.
- Follow safe work practices.
- Use administrative documents, procedures, data sheet/forms properly.
- Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding.
- Lift minimum of fifty pounds over head.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: ***MUST HAVE TURBINE EXPERIENCE***
- NCCCO card.
- Updated physical
- Overhead Crane Certification
- Rigger Certification: NCCCO, Rigging
- NCCCO card.
- Updated physical
- Rigger Qualified
- EPRI Certification or
- NCCCO, Rigging
- Must be qualified rigger and signalman in accordance with applicable plant procedures.
- Must be qualified to perform routine equipment inspections as required by plant procedures and as specified by OSHA regulation 1910.179 and 1910.180
- Must certify qualifications per plant specific procedures in a manner similar to the following:
- Attend refresher training, pass a written examination and a practical operation exam or
- Provide documentation of classroom training including a written exam and site operating practical operation exam.
- Personnel must pass a physical examination including vision and hearing test.
- Annual site requalification.
1700 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.