Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 20852
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is proud to be ranked as a BEST Place to Work in the Federal Government. We've earned our top ratings by creating a work environment rich in opportunity, diversity, leadership training, teamwork, and work life balance. Help guide our nation into the next generation of nuclear safety! Begin a challenging career with the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission where you can be part of a select group of professionals who protect people and the environment with the peaceful use of nuclear materials in medicine, industry and research.
These positions are located in the Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation, Division of Risk Assessment, PRA Licensing Branch A, PRA Licensing Branch B.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties which include but are not limited to the following:
1. Performs evaluations of reliability and probabilistic risk assessment (PRA), e.g., prepares fault trees, event trees, estimates human error probabilities and runs computer programs to quantify risk.
2. Reviews "risk-informed" licensee amendment applications using Regulatory Guide 1.174 and applicable Standard Review Plans.
3. Reviews adequacy of implementation or risk informed NRC regulations.
4. Analyzes plant operating performance using PRA techniques to determine safety risk (e.g., data analyses).
5. Utilizes knowledge in the area of PRA and engineering to support, inspection and enforcement activities.
Education and Experience
You must possess a thorough knowledge of the theories, principles, and practices of general engineering or Nuclear engineering as evidenced by a bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
The ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
1. Demonstrated knowledge in the field of reliability and risk assessment/engineering, in the assessment of industrial technologies including nuclear, chemical, mechanical, or aerospace.
2. Demonstrated ability to review, coordinate, and manage the activities of a project within schedule and resource limitations, and establish effective interactions with varied individuals to accomplish common objectives, and consolidate complex and assorted opinions.
3. Knowledge and experience with NRC regulations, programs, and practices applicable to nuclear reactor design, operations, licensing, and/or technical system analysis or review applicable to nuclear power plants, nuclear fuel cycle facilities, nuclear materials, or nuclear waste.
4. Demonstrated ability to present technical information both orally and in writing.
How to Apply
Visit www.nrc.gov Review the NRC Opportunities page and follow the link on “To view a list of current NRC vacancies please visit USAJobs EXIT.” Find the Reliability and Risk Analyst Job Announcement Number NRR/DRA-2018-0004 and apply on-line by May 28, 2018. If you are viewing this opportunity after May 28th please visit NRC’s website and discover additional opportunities for which you might be interested.
20 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.