Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
USAR6530 – PROJECT MANAGER – OAK RIDGE, TN – LONG TERM- DUE BY MAY 21, 2018
Responsible for managing, coordinating, and administering the project from the conceptual stages through planning, engineering, procurement, construction, start-up, performance testing, initial operations, and project close out.. Supports communications and presentations to customers. Supervises the development of budgets and schedules, manages performance, reports progress, and initiates action to assure program project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget and according to specifications. Resolves problems and coordinates the final turnover of the project to the customer. Provides leadership for the development and maintenance of a high performance project team. Has overall responsibility for Program. Project execution, ensuring that Program Project is delivered within contract requirements, standards of quality and safety and to Customer and/or Corporate performance expectations.
• Consistently demonstrates the ability to proactively identify potential project problems or opportunities, analyze the issues using all appropriate resources, develop alternatives, and arrive at the most optimum approach to mitigate problems or exploit opportunities.
• Demonstrated ability to manage very difficult and complex projects and to take corrective action, monitor work, manage conflict, and coordinate the activities of others.
• Capable of developing and taking responsibility for the Project Execution Plan development for large/complex and/or mega projects.
• Capable of leading strategic negotiations with customers, major vendor/suppliers, and subcontractors.
• Leads and motivates desired behaviors (e.g., coaching the project team and mentoring one or more individuals).
• Ensures scope, design basis and objectives are defined, best practices/lessons learned reviewed, detailed work plans, schedules, budgets and procedures are established, including: Execution Plan; Plans for addressing critical cross-functional work processes and systems, etc.
• Obtains concurrence by the members of the project team, functional management and the Customer.
• Ensures integration of work plans of multiple execution units or entities, such as Joint Ventures. Promotes the use of constructability reviews during project execution.
• Ensures that the project planning and reporting is performed in accordance with the UCOR Earned Value
• Management System.
• Facilitates with project team the development, communication, implementation, update and continual use of the Project Execution Plan. Reviews and approves project control systems which measure progress/performance, provide early warning of deviations from Plan, and identify corrective actions to be taken.
• Identifies quality requirements and ensures the proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality commitments, Assesses customer perception of quality on a regular periodic basis.
• Oversees the Environmental, Safety & Health program for both the office and fieldwork environments including contractor and subcontractor activities. Ensures design is in accordance with ES&H laws and regulations applicable to the projects (country).
• Assists in the training of new project managers and other project personnel in key positions through both formal training courses and on-the-job training.
• Establishes a plan to provide training opportunities for project personnel.
• Promotes the management concept of Continuous Improvement among all members of the project team.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, Facility Management or other relevant discipline or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Extensive years engineering, operations/maintenance, M&O, construction, project controls, and/or procurement experience.
• Proven performance as a Project Director on medium risk medium to high complexity project(s). Capable of performing as the project manager on a high- risk high-complexity project.
• Must be L cleared or ability to become cleared.
40 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.