Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37830
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for an Engineering Specialist opportunity for our customer in Oak Ridge, TN for the ETTP Facility.
• Design a centrifuge Machine Disassembly Area (MDA) capable of processing eight centrifuges per 10-hour work shift (disassembly, processing components, preparation for shipment, fill with high density foam).
• Identify all equipment (hoisting, rigging fixtures, carts) necessary for centrifuge machine removal, disassembly, and packaging for disposal for both installed centrifuge machines and partially disassembled centrifuge equipment, and recommend number of each type of equipment/component to provide adequate reliability to achieve the desired throughput.
• Physically locate the centrifuge machines/equipment, inspect general condition, and make recommendations to restore operability/functionality (such as refurbishment/Inspection/load test etc.) referencing applicable standards (if any) or Best Management Practices.
• If items are not present, use existing drawings/specifications for the device/equipment or generate technical specifications including a drawing so that the item/equipment can be fabricated.
• Provide engineering support during LICOR installation of MDA components, development of work packages to disassemble centrifuges, and developing and/or conducting training on centrifuge machine disassembly.
Special Training, Certifications, Qualifications, or Licenses:
• B.S. Mechanical Engineering
• Current DOE Q Clearance
• 7+ years of experience in engineering with 3+ years experience in centrifuge machine disassembly
Roles and Responsibilities: • Provide technical advice and perform technical functions as directed by their Supervisor, line management, project engineer, or Engineering Manager.
• Support achievement of line management objectives.
• Provide timely response to project and functional requests, as required.
• Retain and exercise responsibility and accountability to their functional management for technical implementation of their function within the integrated project team.
• Interface with their own functional management on work standard and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
• Implement the training and qualification processes required by functional management for functional personnel.
• Participate in the assessment process to ensure safe and effective implementation n.
• Implement company-wide procedures/programs/systems from their respective functional area within the integrated project team.
• Identify engineering and technology needs that are required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with the program or individual projects.
• Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
• Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via the ISMS process and appropriate engineering safety management programs.
• Ensure that technical personnel are trained to the functional procedures.
• Ensure that appropriate requirements now to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
• Provide occasional technical support to other projects and funct ional group.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
16 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.