Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37830
TFE, Inc. is currently seeking candidates for the following position:
Engineering Specialist (Mechanical Engineer)
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Per Diem: Yes
Duration: Long Term
Clearance: Q Clearance
The following explains the job responsibilities and expectations for all employees who are classified in this job description. This job description is not intended to include an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Additional responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the Company.
The individual in this position will design a centrifuge Machine Disassembly Area (MDA) capable of processing eight centrifuges per 10-hour work shift (disassembly, processing components, preparation for shipment, fill with high density foam).
1. Broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and of principles and practices of related technical areas.
2. Knowledge of current industry or regulatory codes and standards and study criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline.
3. Skill in oral and written communications
1. Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Mechanical Engineering
2. Current DOE Q Clearance
3. 7+ years of experience in engineering with 3+ years experience in centrifuge machine disassembly
4. Design a centrifuge Machine Disassembly Area (MDA) capable of processing eight centrifuges per 10-hour work shift (disassembly, processing components, preparation for shipment, fill with high density foam).
5. Identify all equipment (hoisting, rigging fixtures, carts) necessary for centrifuge machine removal, disassembly, and packaging for disposal for both installed centrifuge machines and partially disassembled centrifuge equipment, and recommend number of each type of equipment/component to provide adequate reliability to achieve the desired throughput.
6. Physically locate the centrifuge machines/equipment, inspect general condition, and make recommendations to restore operability/functionality (such as refurbishment/Inspection/load test etc.) referencing applicable standards (if any) or Best Management Practices.
7. If items are not present, use existing drawings/specifications for the device/equipment or generate technical specifications including a drawing so that the item/equipment can be fabricated.
8. Provide engineering support during UCOR installation of MDA components, development of work packages to disassemble centrifuges, and developing and/or conducting training on centrifuge machine disassembly.
TFE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
30 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.