Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Los Alamos
State: New Mexico
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 87545
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for 11 Project Controls Level 4 opportunities for our customer in Los Alamos, NM for the NNSA M&O.
This role performs cost estimating, analysis, and control activities, as directed; Performs schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities, as directed; Supervises cost engineering and/or planning and scheduling activities, when delegated. Both uncleared with an ability to maintain a DOE Q Clearance and cleared personnel are desired. If DOE “Q” clearance required – active or recently active within 5 years.
Project Controls Level 4
Supervises schedule development, maintenance & monitoring activities. Supervise cost engineering analysis, & control activities.
Prepares & reviews or supervises the preparation & presentation of cost engineering & planning activities.
Supports project organizational & administrative activities.
Responsible for cost engineering & cost analysis/control & planning & scheduling activities for projects with significant non-routine requirements or for discipline/projects/proposal cost & planning activities which require a high degree of technical skilled experience.
Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, & providing innovative solutions to cost engineering & schedule guidance to projects.
Ensures work is completed as scheduled. Identification of cost trends for management attention.
Has broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of objectives & principles & to achieve goals in creative & effective ways.
Develops advanced concepts, techniques, & st&ards based on professional principles & theories.
Viewed as expert in field within the Laboratory.
Works on unusually significant, unique or complex issues, provides solutions that are highly creative & where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
Has impact on success of future concepts, products or technologies.
Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets.
Assignments are often self-initiated. Virtually self-supervisory. Uses independent judgment for determining course of action to accomplish objectives. Uses wide latitude in the methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
1. Safety & security are a primary responsibility for all Laboratory employees. Maintains required safety & security training, assures safety & security compliance, & makes safety & security an integral part of every task, including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
2. The following duties are general/common across disciplines within the project controls function:
1. Provides comments & recommendations for planning & scheduling/cost engineering requirements relative to staffing & project control. Prepares detailed staffing plans for planning & scheduling/cost engineering activities.
2. Reviews or assists in reviewing proposal provisions related to schedule/cost engineering & material control, & develops supporting data for contract negotiations.
3. Interfaces with designated management & client counterparts for specific planning & schedule tasks/cost presentations.
4. Participates in developing & presenting training classes on designated subjects & on-the-job training for specific processes & practices.
5. Performs personnel performance reviews when delegated. Interviews & makes recommendations for employment decisions.
6. Coordinates information input into specific studies. Integrates activities & total work scope identification. Evaluates study results & recommends conclusions for project team consideration & discussion.
7. Prepares & analyzes comparisons of scope, quantities, & cost data between the projects.
8. Performs productivity analysis of construction operations & verifies results by staffing & crew analysis of work operations by craft.
9. Develops bid evaluation cost & schedule criteria & prepares bid evaluations. May participate in discussions with vendors.
10. Supports development of project controls & procedures. Supervises & supports the compilation of historical data.
11. Creates & implements measurement systems for established processes, analyzes performance metric results, & identifies improvements. Uses statistical tools to analyze metrics (e.g., regression, analysis of variance, correlation), & analyzes measurement systems to identify bias, repeatability, & stability issues.
12. Provides analysis & reports on assigned areas to the project.
3. The following duties are performed with respect to cost engineering on the project:
1. Coordinates & establishes scoping requirements for the overall cost estimate by discipline or other specialty, & coordinates the timely, systematic, & complete acquisition of scope definition & related data. Reviews design scope criteria & quantities for completeness & reasonableness, & coordinates with the project to develop additional estimating bases when information is incomplete. Establishes the conceptual scope of studies when definition is not available.
2. Plans, coordinates, & establishes level of quantification appropriate to the objectives of the effort & to the level of scope definition for each discipline or specialty, & designates reference job(s) for source data &/or reconciliations of quantities. Reviews quantities & their completeness & reasonableness.
3. Takes a lead role in estimating activities. Establishes the conceptual scope of estimates & studies. Establishes format & content of summaries & reconciliations, including segregation of cost according to level of confidence & identification of areas of risk.
4. Coordinates pricing structure or criteria to be used by each discipline or specialty to meet the objectives of the cost estimate.
5. Assists in developing unit job-hour & pricing data for a specific discipline or other specialty, including estimating parameters, factors indices, productivity & craft distribution reference data, etc., based on analysis of industry experience. Performs data analysis, identifies problems, & makes recommendations.
6. Obtains vendor information to update the cost data file, & maintains cost data files.
7. Establishes productivity basis to be utilized in estimates, as developed in concurrence with construction. Reviews labor estimates for reasonableness.
8. Prepares or reviews distributable &/or contractors indirect cost estimates, developing basis for temporary facilities, miscellaneous construction services, construction tools & equipment, non-manual manpower, startup services, payroll taxes & insurance, camp facilities & operation, & other field office costs. Researches & develops or reviews tax estimates, & addresses federal, state, & local tax issues. Prepares or reviews contingency evaluation for estimates, escalation estimates, reconciliations for estimates, & management presentations.
9. Defines project needs for cost control in accordance with established client contractual requirements, objectives, & procedures. Supervises the timely & competent performance of cost control activities. Reviews & critiques designs & specifications for cost effectiveness & suggests alternatives when appropriate. Prepares or supervises the preparation of cost studies utilizing historical data, statistical analysis, & cost & quantity comparisons. Innovates new techniques, as required, to meet specific needs. Prepares cost trend estimates in support of project cost trend programs.
10. Supervises cost recording, monitoring, & reporting practices for compliance with applicable standards. Supervises & is responsible for the development & accuracy of cost engineering reports. Verifies consistency with previous reports to ensure compatibility. Responsible for issuing reports required by management & project procedures.
11. Supervises investigating requirements for estimating &/or cost control data for specific discipline or other specialty applications. Identifies needs for cost analysis support for the project, & recommends development or modification of cost engineering data standards. Supervises performance of cost analysis activities within the project.
4. The following duties are performed with respect to scheduling:
1. Supervises the collection, verification, & integration of work scope for all entities into the total project plan. Reviews the representation of project scope in schedules.
2. Plans & supervises the effort to establish milestones for total project or major portions of the project. Reviews project work activities to ensure support of project milestones.
3. Provides supervision & assistance to planners in the development & integration of individual schedules into the total project plan. Reviews the performing organization's & unit's work logics & determines adequacy of schedules in support of overall project schedule.
4. Supervises/directs, reviews, & evaluates schedule durations for all disciplines activities relative to support of project milestones. Supervises/directs calculation of durations & other considerations affecting activity durations.
5. Plans, organizes, & supervises schedule resource loading & leveling, as well as project cost budgets. Coordinates development of all bulk commodity release & installation curves. Integrates appropriate manpower requirements for each discipline/specialty relative to overall project needs. Determines quantity & manpower levels in support of project needs & schedule philosophy.
6. Supervises/directs obtaining required schedule information by all disciplines. Supervises identification of schedule restraints & effect on total project schedule. Works with all departments to ensure understanding of total project schedule needs. Responsible for total integration of schedule activities. Identifies schedule considerations & problems resulting from inter-discipline or group restraints & interfaces.
7. Monitors & reports critical path & schedule performance of the total project. Supervises project schedule analysis & studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommends alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion &/or decision.
8. Responsible for preparing & presenting the schedule impact report. Responsible for leading the development & review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to effect such plans.
5. Researches, assembles, &/or evaluates information or data regarding industry practices or applicable regulatory changes.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via this site. If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
We look forward to hearing from you.
10 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.