Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29803
Provide architectural staff augmentation support to SRNS. Primary responsibilities include analysis of existing facilities and space planning; development of design criteria, facility conceptual design, and construction drawings; fire protection design including fire barriers and penetration seals; coordination with structural, civil, mechanical, and electrical disciplines; materials research and specification development; building code research, analysis, and compliance; preparation of CSI specifications; vendor document reviews, construction oversight, and project closeout.
Architectural services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
BS Degree in Architecture or current Architectural Registration
The following experience/skills are required for this position:
1. Industrial experience in facility layout design for industrial type equipment and manufacturing.
2. Commercial practice experience.
3. Familiarity with National Codes and Standards such as IBC, AISC, AWS, NFPA, OSHA, CFR and ABA.
4. Working knowledge of NFPA Life Safety Code 101
5. Knowledge of preparation of Construction Specification Institute (CSI) formatted specifications.
6. Passive Fire Protection Design Skills – Fire Barriers/Penetration Seals
7. Working knowledge of Microstation CADD (AutoCad experience with willingness to learn Microstation is acceptable.)
The following experience/skills are preferred but not required for this position:
1. Facility security architectural experience.
2. Familiarity with cost estimating and quantity takeoffs.
A 40-hour workweek is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each work day has a 30-minute lunch.
Area Security Access:
A security clearance is not initially required; however, this position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “L” security clearance. After award, candidates will be initially assigned an uncleared badge and required to apply for a clearance as needed to support specific work assignments.
BS Degree in Architecture
If no degree, then current Architectural Registration
• Industrial experience in facility layout design for industrial type equipment and manufacturing.
• Commercial practice experience.
• Familiarity with National Codes and Standards.
• Working knowledge of the NFPA Life Safety Code 101.
• Knowledge of preparation of CSI Specifications.
• Passive Fire Protection Design Skills.
• Working knowledge of Microstation CADD or AutoCad experience with willingness to learn Microstation.
• Familiarity with cost estimating and quantity takeoffs.
• Facility security architectural experience.
Please submit your resume for review, or contact our office for more details!
Pinnacle Specialty Group, Inc.
16 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.