Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Specific deliverables/tasks are expected to include:
•Develop and/or oversee engineering studies and alternatives analyses;
•Develop functional requirements and design criteria documents; •Develop pre-conceptual and conceptual designs/concept sketches; •Develop or approve procurement specifications;
•Coordinate project activities with MSA Engineering Design Authorities;
•Develop statements of work for detailed engineering designs, and oversee design subcontractors;
•Initiate project schedule development for engineering deliverables;
•Perform technical reviews of subcontractor design deliverables; •Provide engineering support during construction including field walk downs, issue resolution, and design changes;
•Interface with internal and external customers and end-users;
•As-builts and project closeout;
•Cross-train on MSA Engineering configured systems, become qualified alternate Design Authority;
•Perform peer checks and reviews on other engineer’s documentation and products.
Offerors shall identify the specific candidates they are submitting and demonstrate within the body of the applicants’ resumes how each meets the required and desired qualifications. Required Qualifications:
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Process Engineering.
2. Minimum 10-years’ design engineering work experience in complex facilities, maintenance/operations, and/or projects.
3. Water, sewer, pump, piping, and/or facilities design experience.
4. Working knowledge of applicable engineering codes and standards (Local, State, Mission Support Alliance Page 3 of 7 and Federal), regulations, standards for engineering design and construction, and industry best practices.
5. Experience developing technical documents.
1. Current Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Washington.
2. Prior experience with on-location support to Hanford Site facilities and projects.
3. Experience with regulatory agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or Washington State Department of Health (WDOH) and associated codes (e.g.,NEPA, WAC, etc.). 4. Demonstrates practical application of education, training and experience.
5. Read and understand project schedules (Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.).
6. Self-starter with a proven record of being able to complete assignments with minimal oversight.
7. Demonstrated leadership skills.
8. High degree of organization and planning ability.
9. Good written and verbal communication skills.
10. Strong work ethic, no job too small. 1
11. Customer/client oriented.
220 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.