Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
The ideal candidate for this position is self-motivated, self-disciplined and able to work independently. Strong interpersonal and writing skills are critical. Proven technical writing skills and experience in construction inspection and materials testing.
Seeking a professional to facilitate flawless execution of construction materials testing (CMT) service contracts. Project development oversight will include developing project plans and work instructions, directing laboratory procedures, supervising staff, scheduling, estimating, funding, and meeting federal obligations. This individual will analyze construction and design related problems and take appropriate action and review the work of others for quality and provide guidance.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Management of CMT projects.
• Business development for CMT staff.
• Supervision of field and laboratory teams.
• Manage laboratory operations and accreditations.
• Project scheduling and budgeting.
• Maintain project budget and forecast spending plans.
• Prepare proposals for marketing new opportunities.
• BS in Civil Engineering or related field.
• Professional Engineer registration in the State of Tennessee.
• Minimum 8 years of experience managing CMT projects.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (including Excel).
• Proficiency with Sharepoint.
• Knowledge of design criteria, construction methods, standards, specifications and materials.
• Knowledge of Civil and Environmental Engineering principles.
• Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written, with diverse groups of individuals; in leadership coaching, counselling, training others and effectively planning and scheduling work of diverse teams; in building networks and relationships with employees from other divisions, field personnel, contractors, etc.
• Managing the delivery of customer service.
• Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
• Working knowledge with ASTM/DOT/DOE/construction/engineering industry strongly preferred.
• Experience managing projects under safety-related or NQA-1 requirements.
• Certifications for NICET, ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade I and ACI Special Inspector.
• ICC Special Inspection Certifications
240 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.