Job Search:

job board -- all
job board -- jobs only
job board -- add a post
           home >> nuclear >> job board >> post

Supv, I & C - IPEC

Posted by: Entergy <nuclear2@entergy.com> on November 04, 2018 at 00:04:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.Click here for help with email link

Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Buchanan
State: New York
Zip or Postal Code: 10511

CAUTION
Candidates for this position must meet requirements specified in ANSI/ANS Standards and Regulatory Guidelines as shown below. In addition, site Technical Specifications, FSAR, or procedures may contain additional requirements. Refer to EN-HR-137.

JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
Provides first line supervision of Entergy full time and temporary I&C Maintenance personnel in a safe, productive manner, manages multiple and possibly conflicting priorities, and demonstrates proficiency in managing a multi-disciplined I&C Maintenance group (possibly including union and contractor oversight).

JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES

Maintains an excellent understanding of the work management process. Must be able to function as a team leader.

Has the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, including representing the I&C Maintenance department at all meetings.

Ensures assigned I&C Maintenance tasks are performed as safely and efficiently as possible. Proposes time saving tooling and work methods.

Ensures all I&C Maintenance activities are performed within regulatory and procedural guidelines. Has the ability to manage I&C Maintenance personnel and resolve employee conflict or concerns. Interfaces with other Entergy sites to maximize resource sharing for I&C Maintenance.

Interfaces with regulatory and industry representatives on behalf of station I&C activities.

Communicates I&C Maintenance technical information, concepts, and ideas verbally and in writing. Participates in the shared resources program.
Serves as a member of the Emergency Response Organization.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Minimum education required of the position
High school diploma or equivalent work experience.

Minimum experience required of the position
At least 5 years experience in the I&C Maintenance department. 5 years of experience in the related field. (B.S. in Engineering or related technical degree may be credited for 3 years of experience.)

Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Proficiency with current computer business applications. 2 years of technical training. Technical proficiency in the I&C Maintenance area. Technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operation.

Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
Candidates for this position must meet requirements specified in ANSI/ANS Standards and Regulatory Guidelines. In addition, site Technical Specifications, FSAR, or procedures may contain additional requirements. Hiring Managers are required to submit attachment 9.1 from EN-HR-137 for any candidate selected for this job. SRO or certification on BWR or PWR (desired). Candidates must meet or exceed ANSI/ANS 3.1-1978. ANSI Section 4.4.2 - Instrument and Control requirements are as follows: 5 years of I&C experience. 1 year of the experience shall be in nuclear instrumentation and control at an operating nuclear power plant. A minimum of 2 years of the 5 years' experience shall be related technical training. Related technical or academic training may fulfill a maximum of 4 years of the 5 years.

107 page view(s)

Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.

Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ FAQ ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.