Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37830-3541
Industrial Hygienist I
• Bachelors Degree in ES&H discipline or related science/engineering area in an associated area applicable to the program to be supported.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the program area
• Certification in discipline area of assignment desirable.
• DOE “L” Clearance Required
• Provide specific support, management and/or coordination of ES&H programs as assigned.
• Provide leadership and support for implementing the Implements and provides oversight and technical support in the practical application of regulatory procedures/requirements and standards applicable to the industrial hygiene discipline.
• Monitor work practices in the assigned area.
• Conduct hazard analyses consistent with the Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) process to anticipate and control health hazards.
• Review operations, procedures and work control documents that involve hazardous materials or agents.
• Coordinate with project managers, supervisors and subcontract coordinators on industrial hygiene/health implications.
• Conduct initial or baseline surveys of work areas or operations to identify and evaluate potential worker health risks.
• Perform hazard assessments for chemical, physical, and biological agents and ergonomic stressors using recognized assessment methodologies and use of accredited industrial hygiene laboratories.
• Recommend appropriate engineering, administrative, work practice and/or personal protective control methods to limit concentrations to acceptable levels.
• Perform or oversee initial or baseline industrial hygiene surveys of work areas or operations to identify, evaluate, and control potential worker health risks.
• Conduct periodic IH surveys and/or sampling based on regulatory requirements and ensure that supervisors and sampled workers are informed of the results.
• Prepare Industrial Hygiene Air Sampling (IHAS) reports as required.
• Attend meetings to communicate IH program issues within area of expertise.
• Document and maintain IH survey records, notifications of personal monitoring results, and equipment calibration logs.
• Recommend appropriate engineering, administrative, work practice, and/or PPE including respiratory protection to control methods to limit potential contact with hazardous chemicals, physical and/or biological agents to acceptable levels.
• Report to the Project IH Lead, Project ESH Operations Manager/designee and functionally to the UCOR Safety and Health Manager.
• Meet schedule and budget for assigned responsibilities and tasks.
• Maintain training, required reading and any qualification requirements current.
• Communicate regularly pertinent information needed to implement ESH Programs in a consistent, compliant and timely manner.
• Approve industrial hygiene sampling documents and IHAS reports for assigned projects prior to submittal to the Project IH Lead.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
133 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.