Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29803
Software QA Tester – Engineering Process Applications
• Analyze system requirements and identify testing strategies that maximize test coverage and/or improve system reliability and performance.
• Collaborate with business analysts on testing options and strategies, including applicable regulatory requirements.
• Design, set up, perform and document software tests, based on testing infrastructure, for highly complex software.
• Review historical, existing and ongoing bug reports to identify areas needing specific attention.
• Participate in the establishment of software quality standards for life cycle, documentation, development methods, testing and maintenance.
• Identify, document and ensure resolution of software issues using Team Foundation Server.
• Review and identify gaps and deficiencies in technical specifications, designs and testing documentation for completeness and testability.
• BS Degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 2 years related experience
• Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years practical experience
• High School Diploma with a minimum of 8 years practical experience
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
• Working knowledge of QA methodology, testing techniques and approaches relating to desktop and web applications
• Knowledge and experience with the Automated Testing Process and Tools
• Proficient in writing software test strategies and test plans
• Capable of working with the customer and project lead to identify test scenarios based on software requirements
• Passion for problem solving
• Ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner, including the ability to explain technical details to a non-technical person
• Highly organized, flexible, deadline driven and detail oriented
• Basic knowledge of network, application and data security best practices
• Familiarity with fundamentals of SQL database structure and queries.
A 40 hour work week is scheduled. SRS utilizes various work schedules, including 5/8s (8 hours/day, 5 days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day, 4 days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, 5 days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRR holidays. Each work day has a 30 minute lunch.
AREA SECURITY ACCESS:
A security clearance is not required.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
112 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.