Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 30144
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 7707029999
ENERCON Services Inc., doing business for the Federal Government through our wholly owned subsidiary, ENERCON Federal Services (EFS), provides engineering and environmental services to many branches of the Federal Government. With extensive experience in engineering design, nuclear safety, decommissioning and environmental services, we are actively supporting large and small projects throughout the DOE complex. EFS also has current experience supporting operations and decommissioning efforts at US Army Corps of Engineers and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) facilities.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Controls to represent ENERCON at a customer site in Oak Ridge, TN. Applicant must be a US Citizen.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Functional Project Controls Engineer (PCE) is responsible for project controls implementation in functional baselines.
The PCE receives operational supervision from the Manager of Project Controls and his/her Deputy and receives technical direction and programmatic guidance from the Project Deployed Project Controls Supervisor.
Position Duties: General
1. Provide day-to-day project controls support to Project Managers and their respective teams.
2. Implement functional direction in day-to-day activities.
3. Implement UCOR's Integrated Safety Management System through use of the five core functions and seven guiding principles in planning and execution of work.
1. Perform cost engineering, analysis and control, schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities.
2. Support functional organizational and administrative activities when delegated.
3. Provide guidance to Functional Managers and Functional Team members on Project Controls issues.
4. Prepare monthly job man-hour and cost reports for comparing budget and actual data on functional budgets.
5. Enter the costs and man-hour estimates into the performance monitoring system for projects.
6. Analyze trends and problems in relation to cost and/or schedule data.
7. Prepare cost-trend estimates and assist in the preparation of change orders for functions.
8. Prepare and status functional schedules in Primavera Project Planner.
9. Review and verify schedule status based on functional team and subcontractor input for actual progress.
10. Work with functional team members to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
11. Develop, maintain, and control integrated baselines.
12. Prepare budget request documents to include opening of functional cost codes and providing subcontract accrual data.
13. Review time charges against projects and coordinate corrections as necessary.
14. Prepare, analyze, and present cost, estimating, planning, scheduling, and performance information to management.
15. Support management team at meetings, i.e. Functional Performance Reviews, Monthly Status Reviews, Life Cycle Baseline meetings, funding meetings, and misc. data calls.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
•Three years project controls related experience. Knowledge of project controls, principles, good computer and communication skills, and thorough understanding of earned value management techniques. Additional applicable experience can replace a bachelor’s degree.
•Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings; ENERCON and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies
ENERCON Services, Inc. (ENERCON) is a 34-year-old consulting company, providing premier engineering and technical services to companies in the energy, utility, and industrial verticals, as well as to governmental agencies across the US and Internationally. ENERCON is an employee-owned company with excellent benefits and career opportunities. To learn more about ENERCON and career opportunities at our other locations, visit us at enercon.com.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
92 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.