[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 512148
Posted By: Value Added Solutions, Inc.
Posted On: 2019-01-09 09:56:01
Link: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Subject: Senior Environmental Engineer
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29803
Senior Environmental Engineer
DOE “L” Clearance Required
• In collaboration with an Savannah River National Laboratory (SRNL) Environmental Compliance Authority (ECA) or other facility personnel, provide environmental compliance support to assigned laboratory facilities and organizations. Ensure that the facility complies with all federal, state and DOE environmental requirements. Integrate the environmental compliance program into the daily operation of the laboratory facility and project teams. Specific tasks include but not limited to:
• Review and provide support for the development of Environmental Evaluation Checklist (EECs)/NEPA evaluations
• Maintain awareness of facility activities; provide accurate status of pertinent environmental issues
• Provide input to site-wide environmental reports for the various environmental media and regulations (e.g., air (CAA), water (CWA), waste (RCRA), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA), Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA), etc.), as assigned
• Perform characterization of laboratory chemicals for disposal via the appropriate waste stream
• Perform hazardous waste determinations/characterizations and assist in the development of paperwork for shipment of wastes
• Perform regular facility walk downs and inspections, (1) to ensure all facility and project operations meet current environmental program requirements and, (2) to maintain awareness of facility activities
• Review and approve operating procedures, work packages and assisted hazards analysis (AHA) documents pertaining to equipment/parameters that support environmental programs/requirements
• Develop sampling and analysis plans as needed for environmental compliance or waste characterization
• Attend facility plan-of-the-day, plan-of-week, and project meetings as necessary
• Implement wastewater and storm water requirements
• Review of Site Use/Site Clearance program
• Review and provide support for the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) Operations and Maintenance plans
• Support programmatic and/or facility continuous improvement initiatives
• Plan and develop innovative and resourceful engineering/scientific solutions to technical, environmental or regulatory compliance related problems or tasks. Apply SRNS and SRNL systems and requirements to accomplish tasks. Assist more senior technical professionals in performing related activities or more complex tasks
• Under supervisory direction, incorporates conventional scientific concepts and practices, complicated technical requirements, new or special processes, and difficult coordination or oversight requirements into problem solving and program planning
• Evaluates/monitors existing and proposed state/federal standards and regulations and communicates to management potential or emerging regulatory compliance issues
• Receive guidance from management and more senior professionals.
• Develops alternative solutions to existing problems and performs all detail work necessary to determine the best solutions.
• Evaluates proposals and makes recommendations based on sound technical and scientific principles and practical considerations.
• Interprets and tracks relevant regulatory requirements and industry guidelines and evaluates their potential impact on existing site programs/projects
• B.S. in environmental engineering/science or related field with 5-10 years technical work experience
• OR M.S. in environmental engineering/science or related technical field with 2-4 years technical work experience
• OR Ph.D in environmental engineering / science or related technical field.
• Applies advanced knowledge of discipline's standard theories, concepts, and principles.
• Possesses specialized knowledge of selected technical and environmental regulatory practices and applications.
• Applies working knowledge of selected federal, state, and local environmental laws, regulations, and standards.
Experience / Skills:
• Experience with the regulatory field implementation such as Clean Water, Clean Air, Hazardous Waste, CERCLA, and NEPA requirements.
• Experience with South Carolina and federal environmental agencies and their regulations is preferred but not required.
• Field experience required.
• Ability to walk down field sites required.
• A 40 hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B).
• Shift Rotational work hours (12 hr shifts) may be required.
• Work week excludes WSRC holidays. Each work day has a 30-minute lunch
Area Security Access:
• A minimum of an “L” security clearance is required.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
200 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.