[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 517492
Posted By: Allied Technical Resources Inc.
Posted On: 2019-03-17 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Structural Engineer] Structural Engineer - MI
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 48166
Structural Engineer with nuclear plant mods experience needed for long term opening at the Fermi plant in Michigan.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a team of engineers and designers at the DTE Fermi Nuclear Plant and will function as a Civil/Structural Project Lead (Modification Owner) working on plant modification packages, evaluations and studies. Candidate will interface with plant stakeholders to determine project scope/requirements, support construction/implementation and start up activities. The candidate will exercises sound judgment in assessing problem situations or complex issues, review completed work to ensure accuracy and compliance with codes and design data, coordinate the efforts of the group with other discipline groups on the same project.
Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalent education) in Civil/Structural Engineering from a four year accredited college or university.
*10 years of engineering and design experience developing civil/structural modification packages for components and structures serving nuclear power plants.
* The candidate must be able to function as a Project Technical Lead (Modification Owner) that would prepare civil/structural design change packages, coordinate interdisciplinary team of engineers and vendors to complete tasks on schedule and on budget.
* The successful candidate must be capable of preparing civil/structural calculations and evaluations in support of various design activities including, but not limited to the design of piping, cables and small equipment supports, instrument rack design, floor load impacts to concrete structures evaluations, equipment anchoring evaluations and seismic response evaluations.
* The candidate must be able to develop material and work-hour estimates as well as engineering and design schedules.
* The successful candidate must be able to obtain unescorted access into a nuclear power plant and be familiar with nuclear standards and guidelines.
* Good communication skills are required.
* Professional engineering license.
* Experience with engineering software such as Ansys, Autopipe and Mathcad.
* Field experience at a nuclear power plant.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
59 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.