[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 521024
Posted By: Weirich Consulting Services, Inc.
Posted On: 2019-04-21 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Mechanical Designer] Sr. Pipe / Mechanical Construction Design Integration (CDI)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29808
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 8039989239
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Provide Construction Design Integration with Design Engineering Services in support of fabrication, installation, modification, and testing of various electrical systems/commodities performed by the SRNS Construction Department.
Primary duties and responsibilities associated with this position include:
Safety is a primary responsibility in each job performed. Obtain safety training, obey safety rules. and make safety an integral part of each task. Take the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Serve as a member of the project team and design review board for each project from inception to closeout and ensure the highest quality, most economical, timely, and practical design and construction product possible. Coordinate construction outage schedules, cost controls, priorities, and planning with project management and plant schedulers to achieve successful project implementation. Resolve substantial quality control and quality assurance issues and recommend corrective action if necessary.
Coordinate with Design Engineering for scheduling of complex design outputs and provides design with necessary input to resolve design changes and improve constructability. Promote increased productivity and safe work practices with the intent of maximizing use of resources and eliminating injuries. Foster a "team concept" when interfacing with Operations, the Department of Energy, other department and divisions and attend scheduled and unscheduled meetings, provide reports, status on construction activity and identify, address and resolve complex problems. Review and approves job plans, permits, material requisitions for capital expenditures, schedules / schedule changes and miscellaneous other documents ensuring
accuracy practicality, economics and impact on other projects. Identify and act on engineering and material restraints to critical jobs through meetings, discussions, reports and verifies that proper tools are in place to clear restraints.
Candidate must meet at least one of the following:
1. Technical Bachelor's degree and at least 11-13 years of related experience.
2. Technical Associate's degree and greater than 13-15 years of related experience.
3. A high school diploma and at least 15-18 years of related experience.
Candidate must possess all of the following experience and/or skills:
1. Provide EARLY input into the project planning, design, procurement, and field operations to achieve the optimum Total Installed Cost (TIC) of a project through use of construction knowledge, experience, and new technologies.
2. Work with Engineering and Procurement to assure the incorporation of plans, constructability items and review comments into design documents, purchase orders and subcontracts before issuance to construction, vendors and subcontractors.
3. Integrate delivery dates and sequencing of design, procurement, construction and start-up to minimize overall schedule critical path duration.
4. Previous experience tied to the MOX project is preferred but not required
5. General knowledge of applicable National Codes and Standards , B31-3
6. Knowledge of installation and testing of HVAC systems and component
“An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “L” security clearance. After award, the selected uncleared candidate, may be required to apply for a DOE clearance. Supplier shall possess an active “Verification
of FOCI” that includes the candidate being submitted for this position.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
66 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.