[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 522052
Posted By: Edgewater Technical Associates
Posted On: 2019-05-05 00:04:01
Email Address: 2912-37-MH912@apply.maxhire.net
Link: Please apply here
Subject: [Mechanical Engineer] Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37830
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer opportunity for our customer in Oak Ridge, TN to support a DOE project. Active DOE Q Clearance strongly preferred. Must be local. No per diem or travel available.
Position Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
• Baccalaureate in in engineering or related science.
• Minimum 8 years job-related experience with 3 years nuclear/DOE experience preferred.
• Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter, and must be able to obtain and maintain a Q clearance.
• Stops work without fear of reprisal for unsafe conditions potentially affecting personnel safety or environmental risk.
• Serves as Subject Matter Expert on mechanical design, procurement, construction, installation, testing, and safety matters; qualifies as a Systems Engineer as assigned.
• Inspects and approves, or provides oversight for inspection and approval of systems, structures and components (SSCs) (including commercial or custom equipment, assemblies, or materials) within their area of expertise and develops familiarity with SSCs defined in the facility's Documented Safety Analysis (DSA) and Technical Safety Requirements (TSR), Configuration Items list, and non- DSA systems.
• Interprets and monitors compliance with applicable codes, standards, guides, and contractual requirements; approves designs and installation of commercial or custom equipment, assemblies, or materials.
• Permits alternate methods where it is assured that equivalent objectives can be achieved by establishing and maintaining effective safety equal to or exceeding established codes, regulations; and standards.
• Prepares Facility Modifications, Field Change Notices, Engineering Change Responses, drawings, and sketches as required.
• Performs or participates in Design Reviews, Equivalency Evaluations, and Commercial Grade/Legacy Item Dedications as assigned.
• Consults with cognizant experts in other areas before a decision is reached on items outside their expertise, such as fire, nuclear safety, ES&H, etc.
• Prepares designs, documents, and procedures; ensures that the complexity is appropriate for the application; maintains knowledge and configuration management of as-built SSCs.
• Assists other organizations as directed by the Engineering Manager.
• Supports the execution of Integrated Safety Management System guiding principles and core functions and the Company Safety Culture.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Possesses executive ability as is required for performance of the position and has through experience and/or education, the knowledge of standards and work practices used in the installation, operations, construction, testing, and maintenance of mechanical
• equipment and systems.
• Has familiarity with metal fabrication, specifying weld types and requirements, specialized tooling design, construction/design integration within existing facilities.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Strong communication, verbal and written skills.
US Citizenship Required
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
99 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.