Electrical / I&C Engineers - MI
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
We are seeking Electrical Engineers and I&C Engineers for 6 months+ assignments in Monroe, MI. The successful candidate will be working as part of a team of Engineers and Designers working on modification packages. Candidate must complete complex engineering assignments including preparation of packages that include specifications and data sheets, calculations, and modifications to existing plant drawings; provide support to proposals, prepare purchase requisitions, review vendor drawings and develop cost and budget estimates and schedules and scope of work documents.
• Provides technical leadership for a specialty and is considered to be a fully capable professional in their field.
• Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Makes decisions independently on technical problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences.
• Resolves important questions and plans and coordinates work.
• Requires the use of advanced techniques and the modifications and extension of theories, precepts and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines.
• The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work usually result from progressive experience.
• Supervision and guidance relate largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters.
• Receives direction on unusual conditions and developments.
Electrical Engineering Discipline Lead I:
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education including 6 years of experience in design of modification packages for nuclear power plants in the US and 4 years of supervisory experience in providing technical guidance to project staff on complex projects.
Electrical Engineering Discipline Lead II:
Bachelor's degree and 10 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education including 8 years of experience in design of modification packages for nuclear power plants in the US and 5 years of supervisory experience in providing technical guidance to project staff on complex projects.
Preparation of specifications for control of plant process / auxiliary systems.
Preparation and review of logic diagrams and system functional descriptions for implementation of system control logic into plant control systems.
Experience evaluating and specifying pressure, temperature, flow, and level process instrumentation
Experience preparing engineering drawings including but not limited to: wiring diagrams and schematics, P&IDs, logic diagrams, instrument hookups, etc.
Good oral and written communication skills
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Must be able to obtain unescorted access to a nuclear power plant
MS in Electrical or Controls Engineering
Field experience at an operating nuclear power plant
Experience preparing specifications for Distributed Control Systems (DCS) or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and review of associated logic diagrams and system functional descriptions.
Familiarity with NEI 08-09 and experience with performing cyber security assessments.
Professional Engineering license in any state in the US with the ability to get licensed in Michigan by comity.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.