[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 524196
Posted By: HukariAscendent
Posted On: 2019-05-26 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Mechanical Engineer] Mechanical Engineer 2019-196
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
No Per Diem or Travel has been authorized for this position. Local Candidates (Richland WA) strongly preferred.
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in
comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for qualified Mechanical Engineer to provide W&FMP with engineering and technical oversight and support. Responsible for evaluating facility and equipment performance, troubleshooting operational anomalies, and assessing plant conditions and events. Ensures engineered systems incorporate appropriate controls and systems for safe and compliant operation. Provides facility Nuclear and Criticality Safety function and manages implementation of USQ program for facility line management. Provides timely technical support for emergency preparedness, readiness review, and technical response team support.
Qualify and perform as a Design Authority on CWC/LLBG/WRAP/T Plant Mechanical systems. Provide the facilities with engineering support to maintain and upgrade plant support equipment. Provide support for the other engineering disciplines. Perform design reviews as required for the project.
Provide general Mechanical Engineering services to W&FMP Engineering supported facilities.
Become the technical authority for the systems, responsible for all technical aspects of maintenance and operations.
- Perform system walk-downs, document deficiencies, prepare technical resolutions and drive repairs.
- Maintain configuration management of the systems.
- Ensure regulatory, code and safety basis compliance.
- Prepare and maintain operating and maintenance procedures and data sheets.
- Prepare design changes for system improvements.
- Procure replacement and spare parts within the quality program.
- Support plant project upgrade work.
- Become knowledgeable of the facilities safety basis and upgrade to USQ screener if required.
- Provide technical direction to Facility Operations and Maintenance organizations for performance of operating procedures and maintenance and surveillance activities.
- Daily interface with Management, Project organization, Operations, Work Planning, Radiation Control, Nuclear Safety, Maintenance and bargaining unit personnel to support project goals and objectives by providing timely and sound technical direction.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering plus 2 years Hanford related experience.
• Working knowledge of Fire Compression Systems
• Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills
• Competent using standard MS Office Applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
122 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.