[Materials Manager] Warehouse Representative
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Seeking a Warehouse/Field Materials Representative to join our team in the Oak Ridge, TN area!
Provides materials, equipment, and supplies to the project site in a timely manner by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services; supervising staff. Oversees the efficient receipt, storage and value-adding servicing of materials and equipment.
• Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
• Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
• Coordinates delivery schedules for inbound shipments from suppliers and outbound shipments to project site.
• Ensures adequate receipt inspections are performed by QA & Engineering and that accurate documented results are maintained as project records.
• Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts, tagging materials, and maintaining records of product location within materials management database.
• Maintains physical condition of warehoused materials by planning and implementing layout in coordinate with the project execution schedule;
• Maintains a safe work environment by inspecting warehouse equipment and coordinating with landlord for repair and/or replacement of damaged equipment.
• Achieves financial objectives by tracking cost against project’s budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
• Completes warehouse operational requirements by evaluating staffing needs, scheduling and assigning employees; and following up on work results.
• Maintains warehouse staff by coordinating with Project Manager and HR to recruit, select, orient, and train employees.
• Initiates, coordinates and enforces optimal operational policies and procedures.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Coordinates with project team to prioritize logistical support and shipments of materials from warehouse to project site
• Ensures stored products and materials are warehoused in accordance with manufacturer’s requirements (e.g., climate controlled environment).
• Monitors temperature and humidity in climate controlled portion of warehouse and immediately coordinates with landlord to restore HVAC operating parameters.
• Ensures maintenance is performed for stored products in accordance with manufacturer’s requirements
• Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
• Liaise with landlord clients, suppliers, transport companies, and Construction Manager
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices.
• Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
• Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases.
• Leadership skills and ability manage staff.
• Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with others using both the spoken and written word, as well as the ability to actively listen and comprehend communication from others.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to follow a systematic method of performing tasks.
• Ability to interface effectively with landlords to ensure proper maintenance and repair of warehouse space and ancillary equipment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: 7 years of construction or warehousing-related quality experience
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration; Experience working on Department of Energy projects
Computer Skills: Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.