[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Summary of Duties:
• Work with Regional & Company Estimating Manager to complete estimate development
• Conduct RFP reviews, scope development, subcontractor solicitations, quote comparisons, estimate development & closeout.
• Estimator II will also be required to lead reviews and meetings during the bidding process.
• Perform takeoffs on a wide variety of features of work.
• Develop complete project estimates develop project specific resource libraries to be incorporated into the estimate.
• Work with Capture Managers and Subject Matter Experts to develop project staffing plans and indirect estimates.
• Work with Capture Managers and Subject Matter Experts to ensure bid strategy is in accordance with company mission and capabilities.
• Develop & maintain the document control process and be responsible for cataloging all bid documents, correspondence, assumptions and quotes.
• Work with Project Teams to ensure bidding strategy is practical, and also participate in project completion debriefs to incorporate best practices into future bidding strategies.
• Work with contracts department to maintain subcontractor database.
• Work with contracts to develop subcontractor solicitation process and lead that activity throughout the bidding process.
• Develop complete and comprehensive quote comparisons.
• Solicit and catalog material and equipment pricing.
• Participate in business development & networking activities.
• Track market conditions and incorporate that knowledge into the bidding and review process.
• Manage bidding scheduled to ensure milestones and deadlines are tracked and achieved.
• Lead bid reviews with company management.
• Participate in Design Coordination during design-build pursuits.
• Develop meeting agenda's and take & distribute meeting minutes.
• Travel to and attend meetings and site visits throughout the North Wind operational area.
• Work with schedulers to ensure accuracy of pre-bid schedules.
• Develop risk identification matrix's to identify mitigation measures and contingency development.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Education: Bachelor Degree or 4+ years of direct construction management
• Design Build Experience is preferred
• An ability to estimate a wide variety of self performed work is preferred
• Experience with reviewing project documents is required
• Experience in developing complete project estimates and project resource libraries
• Experience with subcontract solicitations and the quote comparison process.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management, staff, and client.
• Experience with leading and directing a variety of meetings, both internal & external to North Wind.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively present information and respond effectively and sensitively to questions from client, managers, staff and the general public.
• High degree of sensitivity regarding confidential client and employee information.
• Ability to advocate and enforce Company policies, procedures and employee programs.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and make decisions, exercise good judgment, work under pressure, work with minimal supervision and prioritize workload.
• Experience and skills with computer applications, MS Office Suit, with MS Excel Experience is required.
• Ability to obtain security clearance.