[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 525427
Posted By: Von Mizener Consulting
Posted On: 2019-06-09 00:04:01
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: [Estimator] Estimator
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Summary of Duties:
• Work with Regional & Company Estimating Manager to complete estimate development
• Conduct RFP reviews, scope development, subcontractor solicitations, quote comparisons, estimate development & closeout.
• Estimator II will also be required to lead reviews and meetings during the bidding process.
• Perform takeoffs on a wide variety of features of work.
• Develop complete project estimates develop project specific resource libraries to be incorporated into the estimate.
• Work with Capture Managers and Subject Matter Experts to develop project staffing plans and indirect estimates.
• Work with Capture Managers and Subject Matter Experts to ensure bid strategy is in accordance with company mission and capabilities.
• Develop & maintain the document control process and be responsible for cataloging all bid documents, correspondence, assumptions and quotes.
• Work with Project Teams to ensure bidding strategy is practical, and also participate in project completion debriefs to incorporate best practices into future bidding strategies.
• Work with contracts department to maintain subcontractor database.
• Work with contracts to develop subcontractor solicitation process and lead that activity throughout the bidding process.
• Develop complete and comprehensive quote comparisons.
• Solicit and catalog material and equipment pricing.
• Participate in business development & networking activities.
• Track market conditions and incorporate that knowledge into the bidding and review process.
• Manage bidding scheduled to ensure milestones and deadlines are tracked and achieved.
• Lead bid reviews with company management.
• Participate in Design Coordination during design-build pursuits.
• Develop meeting agenda's and take & distribute meeting minutes.
• Travel to and attend meetings and site visits throughout the North Wind operational area.
• Work with schedulers to ensure accuracy of pre-bid schedules.
• Develop risk identification matrix's to identify mitigation measures and contingency development.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Education: Bachelor Degree or 4+ years of direct construction management
• Design Build Experience is preferred
• An ability to estimate a wide variety of self performed work is preferred
• Experience with reviewing project documents is required
• Experience in developing complete project estimates and project resource libraries
• Experience with subcontract solicitations and the quote comparison process.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management, staff, and client.
• Experience with leading and directing a variety of meetings, both internal & external to North Wind.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively present information and respond effectively and sensitively to questions from client, managers, staff and the general public.
• High degree of sensitivity regarding confidential client and employee information.
• Ability to advocate and enforce Company policies, procedures and employee programs.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and make decisions, exercise good judgment, work under pressure, work with minimal supervision and prioritize workload.
• Experience and skills with computer applications, MS Office Suit, with MS Excel Experience is required.
• Ability to obtain security clearance.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
101 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.