[Outage Manager] Fleet Outage Manager
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Mgr, Fleet Outages - South
Req ID 86158-Posting Start Date 2019-06-10-Posting End Date 2019-07-30
This position is responsible for driving, reviewing, and assessing fleet outage preparation and execution activities and developing process improvements based on industry best standards for Outage Management.
1. Govern fleet processes, practices, and procedures to fleet standardized best practices in the area of Outage Management.
Eliminate regional and to the extent practicable, site specific procedures.
2. Drive improvements to achieve and maintain excellence in outage readiness and execution.
3. Drive fleet practices to standardization and optimization by achieving consensus among Site Outage Managers and
Sr. Managers of Outage & Work Management. If consensus cannot be achieved then direct activities as appropriate.
4. Review fleet work assignments to ensure the site staffs are responding appropriately to fleet and organizational needs.
5. Monitor and review fleet standardization activities.
6. Inform Director, Outage & Work Management of progress of fleet activities.
7. Coordinate with the Oversight organization to assess site adherence to fleet practices.
Minimum education required of the position
B.S. degree in engineering or other discipline generally associated with power plant operations, or Equivalent Experience. (Equivalent Experience is defined as demonstrated success at the Manager level. A degree is very strongly preferred.)
Minimum experience required of the position
8 years of experience in nuclear power design, construction, maintenance, operations, radiation protection, chemistry, Outage and Work Management, or equivalent. Minimum of 18 months experience as a successful site Manager preferably in Outage, Operations, or Maintenance.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position
Must have proven ability to influence all levels of the organization towards achieving excellence in outage readiness and execution through the successful completion of a cross-functional major initiative or project.
Must have a working knowledge of work process flows including knowledge in work management and scheduling software systems.
Must be able to articulate objectives in outage preparations and safe shutdown execution of outage activities.
Must be able to lead assessment teams and present results to station and corporate personnel.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required of the position
SRO license or certification on a PWR or BWR. Prior participant in industry led outage organizations (BWROG, EPRI, INPO Working Groups, etc.)
Primary Location: Mississippi-Jackson
Job Function: All Other Jobs
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Level I
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1.0
Req ID: 86158
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%