[Mechanical Engineer] Mechanical Engineer Level 2
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Mechanical Engineer Level 2 New Jersey
Provide mechanical support of ongoing NSTX-U Recovery Project design and analysis activities.
Assist PPPL Cognizant Individual with ongoing design, analysis and support activities as noted:
• Review/check completed analyses and calculations, and perform validation analyses when needed
• Review drawings and technical documentation
Education and Experience
1. BS degree + 10 years, MS degree + 8 years or PhD + 6 years relevant experience
2. Documented experience in the design and analysis of one-off systems and components
Experience in topical areas such as (but not limited to):
1. Mechanical analysis, including ANSYS (required), and electromagnetic, thermal and fluido-dynamic (preferred)
2. Geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing, CAD familiarity (Pro-E preferred)
3. Disciplined approach to design assurance, design verification and validation
4. Strong technical writing skills
No unique job conditions – job requirements can predominantly be fulfilled remotely (preferred) with occasional PPPL site visits.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.