[Mechanical Engineer] Mechanical Engineer
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Demark is looking for a Mechanical Engineer for a 1 yr contract position with our client in Soddy Daisy, TN.
• Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of mechanical engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
• Performs work which involves conventional mechanical engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
• Work requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a good knowledge of and practices of related specialty.
• Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
• Required sufficient professional experience to ensure competence as a fully trained worker.
• Provides procurement, field engineering including walkdowns, modifications/maintenance, and testing support.
Oversight of the following projects being actively done:
Fuel Transfer System Upgrade
Digital Turbine Controls
Hi-Hi Level Switch SPV Elimination
U2 Penetration 9
CCW Pump Controls Upgrade
DG Fire Damper Abandonment
Provide some support needed for Fuel Transition
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or other related engineering degrees from an accredited curriculum, plus appropriate continuing education. licensed professional engineer desirable. Membership in professional and technical societies is desirable. For fire protection employees: must be member grade SFPE and hold all designated restrictions. Fire protection engineering degree is recommended. TVA experience strongly desired.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.