[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is currently seeking qualified Ironworker/Riggers. Tyypical duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform daily per-use inspection of equipment being used.
- Participate in pre-job briefings.
- Use and properly operate basic rigging equipment/tooling i.e. slings, chokers, cables, come-a-longs, chain falls, shackles, eye bolts, beam clamps, etc.
- Loads, transports, unloads and assists in selecting cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attaches pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures, such as beams, ceilings and gin pole booms with bolts and clamps.
- Attaches load with grappling devices such as loops, wires, ropes and chains to crane hook.
- Gives direction to crane operator or hoisting engineer engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and materials handled using hand signals, loudspeaker, two-way radio or telephone.
- Sets up braces and rigs hoisting equipment using hand tools and power wrenches.
- Has ability to tie various knots.
- Verify per-use equipment inspections have been completed prior to operation.
- Follow safe work practices.
- Set up hoisting equipment for raising and placing structural steel members.
- Fasten steel members to hoisting equipment, using wire rope, slings, shackles, or lifting devices.
- Signal worker operating hoisting equipment to lift and place steel member.
- Pull, push, or pry steel member into approximate position while member is supported by hoisting device.
- Force members into final position using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, and hand tools.
- Align holes in member with corresponding holes in previously placed member by drift pins, bull pins, or handle wrench through holes.
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of members, using plumb bob and level.
- Bolt aligned members to keep them in position until they can be permanently bolted or welded in place.
- Cut and weld steel members to make alterations, using oxyacetylene torch for cutting and carbon electrodes welding.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans