[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
D&D Power a BHI Energy Company is seeking certified Journeyman Lineman to join our growing team! To be successful in this role, you must have the ability to work at any location within D&D Power's Territory in the Upstate region of New York. We are currently filling positions in the Eastern NY region. Minimum of two (2) years as an IBEW union Journeyman Lineman is strongly preferred.
SIGN ON BONUS IS AVAILABLE
D&D Power has a wide range of positions available, some of which have $2500 sign on bonus and $2500 quarterly retention bonuses available. Per diems ranging from $75 to $150 per day, for travel into the region, may also apply. Please contact Kevin Symons (518-894-7200) for job specifics.
If you are a Journeyman Lineman who is looking to join a growing and dedicated team, this could be the role for you! D&D Power is partnering with IBEW L1249 on this role.
The Lineworker constructs, installs, repairs, maintains and removes distribution and transmission circuits, substations and associated facilities. Other duties of the position include rigging poles on both energized and de-energized circuits, installing transformers, voltage regulators, capacitors and reclosures, replacing fuses, working on underground equipment and making repairs on energized equipment. In addition, the Lineworker may be required to perform tasks generally associated with lower rated classifications. This position requires mechanical aptitude, manual and finger dexterity, the ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and climb and work on poles and structures. The Local 1249 Journeyman Lineman wage rate for this position is currently $52.05 per hour.
Lineworker will be expected to safely perform all associated tasks with the construction and maintenance of all overhead and URD facilities (excluding vaults, manholes, and hot compounds). They must be able to trouble shoot and repair all distribution circuits and equipment and prepare all associated paperwork. They will be responsible for making sure that all jobs assigned are worked in accordance with company design standards and work methods. May be required to work extended hours in inclement weather, may be required to travel throughout the country in cases of emergencies, storms, to restore the system.
Lineworker may work alone, on a crew, or to supervise a lower classification such as a ground worker, apprentice, or helper without direct supervision of a higher level classification.
- A history of safe and effective work performance
- Commercial Driver's License, Class A, and a safe driving record.
- Must meet I-9 and pass criminal background check requirements
- Must have climbing skills and must be able to ascend/descend utility poles as needed.
- Must have completed the IBEW apprentice program or another accredited apprenticeship program and be a union Journeyman
- Must be able to work in direct sunlight or at night
- Must be physically able to perform all assigned tasks
- This position will consistently being moving in the field to service the electrical equipment
- Consistently positions one's self to be able to access electrical equipment
- The person in this position frequently communicates with team members, customers and leadership regarding work activities. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to distinguish colors, recognize faulty equipment and determine risks to ensure safety
- Frequently moves electrical components needed weighing up to 50 pounds onto and off of truck and to and from work sites.
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
- The successful candidate will have a High School diploma or the equivalent and a minimum of 18 months of overhead electric line experience working on energized and de-energized lines.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of and the ability to apply electrical theory and a complete working understanding of Company line work practices and policies.
- Must be available for and respond to outages, trouble calls, and system emergencies during normal and overtime hours, Must have mechanical aptitude, a thorough knowledge of the electric transmission and distribution system, be analytical, alert, resourceful, and a work history that demonstrates safe work habits.
- The ability to perform moderately heavy physical work outdoors in all seasons and at times for extended periods.
- Must be proficient with live line maintenance (gloving) up to 13.2 kV and the use of hotsticks for all voltages
- Minimum of two (2) years of verifiable work experience as a Journeyman Lineman
- OSHA 10 hour certification
- Pole Top / Bucket Rescue Certification
- First aid and CPR Certification
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.