[Commissioning Manager] Startup and Commissioning Testing
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Located in the Tri-Cities, WA, RC Engineering and Construction Management (RCECM) is a dynamic company that provides robust engineering and construction management support services to federal, public works, and environmental industries and clients nationwide. We provide an excellent benefit package and competitive salaries.
Position is located at the WTP Site in the 200 East Area, Richland, WA.
The Department of Energy (DOE) Office of River Protection Waste Treatment and Immobilization Project (DOE-WTP) Commissioning, Maintenance and Operations Division (COD) requires startup testing and commissioning testing oversight. Scope includes:
• Provide oversight of contractor efforts to startup and commission the WTP Low-Activity Waste Vitrification Facility and supporting systems. This oversight will be though assessments, surveillances, daily oversight reports, design reviews and other oversight functions to ensure compliance with established criteria, sound engineering principles, and professional practices;
• Coordinate oversight performed with multiple organizations and disciplines to ensure operability, quality, and safety of systems and components;
• Communicate status of startup and commissioning activities to DOE-ORP management (i.e., brief management on technical issues and options for resolution, to facilitate decision making);
• Have significant experience in the field of Test Engineering (specifically with experience in electrical systems and instrumentation/control systems);
• Provide technical advice and consultation to a multidisciplinary group of professional and technical personnel engaged in carrying out the WTP project;
• Be responsible for making critical assessments and decisions as to the nature of technical problems, program requirements, and risks encountered in the startup and commissioning of the WTP;
• Perform technical review of contractors engaged in startup engineering for adequacy and reliability to ensure compliance with established criteria and sound engineering principles and to identify omissions, discrepancies, inadequacies, and nonconformance with approved criteria;
• Consult with engineers in other organizational units, private firms, DOE Headquarters, regulators, and stakeholders to assist in identification and resolution of conflicts and recommend corrective actions to prevent delays and facilitate completion of work; and
• Assessment report and technical report writing
Deliverables will include:
• Oversight of test procedure preparation, conduct of testing, and test results;
• Technical reports;
• Following-up on issues, findings, and other areas of concern;
• Participation in weekly coordination meetings;
• Documenting oversight to identify compliance deviations and improvement opportunities that were observed in accordance with ORP management system procedures;
• Oversee, Coordinate, and Review Start-Up and Commissioning technical products including:
• Component and System Requirements;
• Safety, Risk Reduction, and Reliability Designs;
• Startup Technical Instructions (STIs);
• Conduct of testing program documents and test procedures; and
• Technical Requirements.
• Participation on Integrated Project Teams (IPT) as requested.
• BS/BA degree in engineering, science, or business management, or alternatively, an accredited high school certificate plus 8 years of specialized experience in engineering, science, or business management, in addition to the requisite experience
• Ten (10) years of directly applicable experience in providing technical or business support to management on projects.
• Experience directly interfacing with client senior management
• Knowledge of DOE program and project management practices, policies, and procedures
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Experience in supporting programs and projects with analysis, tracking, monitoring, assessment, review and coordination
• Extensive experience using MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and other MS Office tools
• The contractor shall maintain proficiencies in the following via periodic training:
• WTP Site access
• DOE Startup Engineer qualification
• WTP site qualifications including LO/TO if necessary; and
• Radworker training at a level to allow full facility access once the training is required.
• Experience with Startup and Commissioning testing performance in a chemical and/or nuclear facility
• Comprehensive, professional knowledge of engineering principles and fundamentals
• Experience with oversight of electrical system and instrumentation/control system work and/or testing
This job is on a US federal facility site. Candidate must be able to meet requirements for working on a federal facility site without escort and without sponsorship.
RCECM is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
RC Engineering and Construction Management is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer; individuals are considered for employment regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.