[Data Manager] Data Administrator - Oracle
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Data Administrator - Oracle
The objective of this scope is to engage a qualified individual to provide the Oracle database services and support for the Information Technology (IT) enterprise system requirements of the MSA Information Management (IM), Network and Computing Services (N&CS) organization. Work will be managed by MSA Information Systems.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK – SPECIFIC
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support the Hanford Site Oracle database environment and supporting infrastructure, servers, storage, and databases to ensure enterprise level performance, availability and security. This includes working with IT professionals on various infrastructure components, systems and servers supporting hundreds of Hanford applications and systems.
• Provide troubleshooting support, working with the user support team and the operations staff to effectively manage and communicate issues and perform problem analysis to resolution.
• Providing recommendations on innovative and/or cost-effective options for delivering and improving enterprise-level Oracle database services.
• Manage the day-to-day technical operations and product management, monitoring database performance, configuration, maintenance and repairs.
• Provide Tier-3 troubleshooting support; working with the user support team, operations staff, outside vendors, other Site support personnel and/or organizations to effectively manage and communicate issues and perform problem analysis to resolution.
• Installing, configuring, and maintaining Oracle infrastructure servers, integration with other systems, capacity planning, system-wide operation control, and task automation.
• Develop new system implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability, high availability and system security.
• Performing typical Oracle database administrator functions.
• Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
• Create models for new database development and changes to existing ones.
• Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
• Monitor, optimize, and allocate physical and virtual storage for database systems.
• Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for databases.
• Design and implement systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective production and integrity of the Oracle data assets.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards.
• Monitoring database performance, performance tuning and query optimization.
• Control database access for users and applications and apply security best practices.
• Perform database transaction and security audits.
• Provide technical support to maintain, operate, upgrade and patch Oracle databases to ensure maximum performance and availability for the applications and systems.
• Installation and management of the host environment and client tools.
• Develop procedures and documentation for backup and restoration as well as DR/COOP capabilities.
• Advise management of developments in the industry or on the Hanford Site that could affect the Oracle environment, projects and client relations.
• Develop and maintain a positive and effective relationship with peers, staff, and customer base. This includes communicating effectively, oral and written. Exercise sound judgment and discretion as well as working well under pressure on short turnaround assignments.
• Communicate and present technical information, products or services clearly and effectively to varying audiences.
• Assist in administering and ensuring technical security compliance with the site security plan and cyber security initiatives applicable to the computing services environment maintaining confidential and specialized information, organizational policies, procedures and operations.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field with 15+ years of relevant experience or combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in Oracle Database Administration.
• Minimum three years of experience with recent Oracle versions (12, 18, 19).
• Minimum five years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator in a government environment.
• Minimum four years of experience in managing Oracle servers in a virtualized environment.
• Minimum two years of experience performing Oracle database cloning with current versions (12, 18, 19).
• Minimum two years of experience with current versions (12, 18, 19) Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Internet Directory, and Oracle Gateway.
• Minimum two years of recent experience performing Oracle database upgrades.
• Minimum five years of recent experience with UNIX/Linux platforms.
• Minimum two years of recent experience simultaneously managing 200 or more Oracle databases.
• Minimum two years of experience working with AltaVault and FabricPool backup systems.
• Experience with Enterprise Service Platform work ticketing system.
• Minimum five years of experience with Open Text Content Server ECM integrated with Oracle databases.
• Ability to provide support during non-standard business hours and be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as needed or as scheduled.
Prior experience supporting Oracle databases on the Hanford Site network environment.
• Prior experience developing and operating software systems, integrated with Oracle databases, and Open Text systems.
• Knowledge and experience with the DOE Software Quality Assurance requirements and processes.
• Experience with the HLAN enterprise desktop and server environment.
• Experience with the Hanford Business Management Systems and other enterprise applications hosted on Oracle databases.
• Prior experience in performing enterprise application implementation and support activities on the Hanford Local Area Network.
• Experience with Oracle RAC clusters.
• Certifications in any of the technologies mentioned above.
Work Location / Potential Access Requirements
The primary work location is 2261 Stevens, Richland Washington. This is subject to change. Work, including meetings, may also be conducted on the Hanford site at various locations.
Site Access and Work Hours
Hanford personnel at the Hanford Site work a standard 4/10 schedule. The standard work week consists of ten (10) hours of work between 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with one-half hour designated as an unpaid period for lunch, Monday through Thursday.
Work performed outside normal operating hours shall be coordinated and/or approved through the BTR and/or the Contract Specialist prior to performing the work.
Work performed outside the normal operating hours shall be performed at the same hourly rate as standard hours worked.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.