[Document Controls Specialist] Document Control Clerk
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Document Control Clerk
The objective is to procure the services of a Document Control Records/Management Specialists for projects Field Execution organization, currently comprised of MSA and subcontracted project managers, construction managers, estimators, and schedulers to support Reliability and Work for Others projects.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK – SPECIFIC
The subcontractor shall provide a Document Control Records/Management Specialists function in accordance with MSA procedures. Tasks may include the following activities:
• Process submittals, drawings, Design Change Notices, (DCN’s) Request for Information (RFI’s), for all ongoing construction projects and tasks, utilizing the Site- wide automated system. Track, log, and distribute said documents in Hanford Document Management Control System (DMCS).
• Issue drawings/specifications/DCN’s to the construction contractors; verify DCN’s for work complete on as-built drawings.
• Review Contractor’s submittals and RCI’s for accuracy prior to distribution and complete issuance of said documents back to the subcontractor/AE Firm upon approval.
• Consolidate project files from Engineering, Project Managers, Construction Managers and Contractors at the end of projects and provide document turn over for permanent record storage.
• Research and print drawings/maps out of IDMS (Integrated Document Management System) for PM’s, CM’s and Engineers.
• Develop and maintain submittal logs and registers, including Vendor Information; assure final Vendor Information is turned over for permanent record retention and placed into IDMS.
• Assist in bid package preparation by providing design media sets for bidding contractors.
• Develop and improve the tracking and coordination of staff required reading to ensure on time completion.
• Perform backup for other staff within the organization on an as needed basis. Support general administrative duties as needed.
• Liaison between subcontract and project managers, construction managers, contracts, engineering.
• Scanning and PDF of Drawings for release to construction if done by a DCN.
• Received and Processing Submittal, RCI’s, Drawings for various sources (AE firms and Subcontractors).
• Support projects across Hanford Site in all aspects of document control; electronic record retrieval, submittal tracking, distribution and maintenance of project files from inception to closeout.
• Familiarity with Records Management Requirements.
• Education: Associates degree
• Experience: Six years of demonstrated experience in records management, including at least two years emphasis on project/construction management records of infrastructure and industrial type projects.
• Skills: Candidate must be highly organized and have established problem solving skills. Must effectively analyze available information and use deductive reasoning and analytical skills. This may involve going to alternate sources for additional information and guidance. Effectively work with a variety of customers in high pressure situations using tact and diplomacy while giving outstanding customer service. Ability to communicate exceptionally well in written and verbal formats.
• Computer Skills: Requires minimal computer skills using a standard system platform such as Microsoft Office for word processing and email. Additionally, candidate must have demonstrated scanning and database skills.
• Prior Hanford Project records experience.
• Prior Hanford construction document control experience.
• Experience working in IDMS and DMCS document storage and workflow systems.
Work Location / Potential Access Requirements
Work will be performed at MO-285 in the 200 East area.
Site Access and Work Hours
Hanford personnel at the Hanford Site work a standard 4/10 schedule. The standard
work week consist of ten (10) hours of work between 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with one-half hour designated as an unpaid period for lunch, Monday through Thursday.
Work performed outside normal operating hours shall be coordinated and/or approved
through the BTR and/or the Contract Specialist prior to performing the work.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.