[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a QA Engineer with the following qualifications:
Perform various high-level quality assurance program functions with minimal direction, e.g., quality assurance support and oversight for laboratory process and programs and technically challenging procurements, including leading and participating in complex surveillances, inspections, and audits. If the requirements of the associated quality program are satisfied and agreed by QA Head, the individual shall have the freedom and responsibility for organizing, executing, and coordinating these assignments. Establish quality requirements for a critical and complex procurement and work with the requisitioner/engineer and supplier to assure these requirements are met. Perform routine surveillances of ongoing fabrications, assemblies, and construction activities. Work with project or Division management to establish a cost-effective quality program taking into consideration the risks involved.
* An Associate degree is required. Bachelorís degree in an engineering discipline is highly preferred.
* Experience applying quality requirements under an approved QA Program that is compliant with ASME NQA-1, ISO 9000, DOE Order 414.1D, or other national or international regulations or standards.
* Industry experience requirements are as follows. At least half of the below requirements must be in QA/QC function.
* Experience working with accelerators, power plants, at heavy industrial project is desirable.
* Ability to read and understand technical specifications, statements of work, and engineering drawings.
* Experience writing clear audit reports and procedures.
* Experience auditing engineering programs and processes.
* Experienced with evaluating and tracking Manufacturing/Inspection/Test Plans and Travelers.
* Must be willing to travel to vendors/suppliers, including travelling abroad.
* Experience working at nuclear facilities, or at an operating Department of Energy National Laboratory or plant.
* Experience auditing environmental, safety, or health physics programs.
* Demonstrates ability to perform field and vendor surveillances is required.
Estimated duration: 1 year
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.