[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy needs multiple RCTs for long term assignment at Idaho National Labs.
- Level - Jr. RCT, RCT and Sr. RCT
Period of performance: TBD through 09.30.2020, possibly longer
Work location: ICP Site Facility: RWMC/AMWTP, INTEC and IWTU
Work Schedule: 4x10s - RWMC/AMWTP and INTEC
4x12 Sliding and Rotating - IWTU
4x12 Sliding and Rotating - IWTU
- ICP Core is a national security site, where only United States citizens or permanent alien residents are permitted to work.
- Provides radiological support coverage for maintenance, operational, and routine work that involves radioactive materials.
- Provides monitoring for Radiation, Contamination and Airborne Radioactivity in the workplace as required by Radiological program procedures and 10 CFR 835.
DOE Radiological Controls Core Exam:
- Fluor does not accept a DOE "card" as most DOE sites do not, they require the actual training history or certificate from a DOE certified site.
- Subcontractors will be required to take the DOE Radiological Controls Core Exam on the Tuesday of the week that they arrive to work.
- There will be no paid reviews or paid study time given prior to the exam.
- Provides monitoring for Radiation, Contamination and Airborne Radioactivity in the work place.
- Performs required radiological surveys for free release of material at RBA, personnel surveys for contamination, surveys for contamination control, airborne radioactivity control, and surveys to categorize waste for shipment.
- Provide radiological work coverage, write radiological control work permits (RWP), enforce radiological control requirements, ensure ALARA principles are followed during work and respond to radiological emergencies as required. Validate safe conduct of radiological work.
- Survey waste material, excess materials, vehicles, and other materials as needed. Serve as radiological oversight mentors and advisors to facility personnel conducting radiological work.
- Perform ongoing RadCon surveillance and assessments. Provide evaluation feedback to the RadCon foreman and supervisor related to the adequacy of the worker radiological training and the work organizations implementation of the RadCon program.
- Maintain proficiency and qualifications through completion of work, self-study and training activities.
- High School diploma (GED Minimum) required.
- 1 year documented experience providing RadCon coverage for high dose/high contamination work (Alpha Contamination experience is preferred.)
- DOE Core Certification and vocational college certification or equivalent in radiation protection preferred.
- Three years field experience performing radiological work coverage and monitoring either in an NRC or DOE regulated activity preferred.
- NRRPT Certification preferred.
- Special Requirement: Must be able to qualify and wear a respirator / PAPR / Forced Air
- Mobilization from home of record to Idaho Falls, for non-local hires only.
- Up to 30 days lodging at current FTR rates, for non-local hires only. Proof of residency required
- Temporary living expense of $2,800 per month- taxed after first year. Must provide initial Certified Place of Origin, then quarterly thereafter. For non-local hires only. Proof of residency required
- 10 paid holidays.
- 80 hours of PTO accrued during first year of employment.
- BCBS, Delta Dental & 401K
Email resumes and copy of Core to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only individuals who are U.S. citizens and are at least 18 years of age may be processed for or granted a security clearance.
EOE-females/minorities/protected veterans/individuals with disabilities - BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.