[Mechanical Engineer] APPLIED MECHANICS ENGINEER
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Applied Mechanics Engineer
3 YEARS - 0 OPTIONS
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Provide design engineering staff augmentation support to Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (SRNS).
• Primary responsibilities include pipe stress analysis and stress analysis of equipment, structures, pressure vessels by traditional closed form solutions and finite element analysis including linear elastic as well as large deformation failure analysis.
• Determination of loading conditions from natural phenomena accidents (wind, tornado missiles, earthquakes), explosions (internal and external to component) and impact events.
• Additional responsibilities include performing field walk-downs to verify and document as-installed conditions.
• Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures.
• Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
• BS Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
Candidate must demonstrate eighteen (18) years of experience in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of pressure vessels, tanks, equipment and structures with ability to interpret the results relative to code compliance or failure.
• Experienced in the use of ANSYS or ABAQUS software for stress analysis, elastic or plastic (there will be no opportunity to learn on-the-job, candidate must be ready to perform analysis upon joining group) is required.
• Knowledge of ASME III and ASME VIII Division 2 stress design rules is required. Knowledge of structural codes (AISC/LRFD, etc.) is required.
• Ability to present results in clear concise written documents is required.
• Candidate must have a working knowledge of ASME B31.3.
• Previous Savannah River Site (SRS) Design Engineering or DOE facility experience is preferred.
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has a 30-minute unpaid lunch.
Area Security Access:
Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance. Candidates who have possessed an active DOE “Q” security clearance within the past two years are preferred.
For Immediate consideration, please submit resumes to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
UDR Consulting, INC is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned, Woman Owned, Minority Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business. An Equal Opportunity Employer that supports a drug-free work environment.
****** www.UDRConsultinginc.com ******